Mutts

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
He's got to say that. They are getting their a@@es sued.
As they should, but he should also say that we have seen where there were gaps. We have filled them in so that going forward this will never be happen again.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
As they should, but he should also say that we have seen where there were gaps. We have filled them in so that going forward this will never be happen again.

Interesting tidbit from that article. Definitely looking more and more like the A-CC might be on the uga payroll...

Georgia Football Has Had Previous Incidents

Also in April of 2022, Georgia star defensive end Travon Walker drove into two parked cars late one night, Athens Police say. But no citation was issued. Are the Athens Police in cahoots with the football program in Athens? Maybe they ought to do their job better regardless of how good the football player is they’re pulling over. Arrests may change behavior better than citations, dude.

“Just a little fender-bender,” Walker said, according to Matt Hayes of Saturday Down South.

“Nothing crazy. Nobody was hurt,” said Walker, who became the No. 1 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft instead of another driving death statistic

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Interesting tidbit from that article. Definitely looking more and more like the A-CC might be on the uga payroll...

Georgia Football Has Had Previous Incidents

Also in April of 2022, Georgia star defensive end Travon Walker drove into two parked cars late one night, Athens Police say. But no citation was issued. Are the Athens Police in cahoots with the football program in Athens? Maybe they ought to do their job better regardless of how good the football player is they’re pulling over. Arrests may change behavior better than citations, dude.

“Just a little fender-bender,” Walker said, according to Matt Hayes of Saturday Down South.

“Nothing crazy. Nobody was hurt,” said Walker, who became the No. 1 pick in the 2022 NFL Draft instead of another driving death statistic
Shocked I tell ya!

It's absolutely disgusting seeing the levels much of the inbred fanbase is going to to justify and defend this kind of behavior from their players.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Shocked I tell ya!

It's absolutely disgusting seeing the levels much of the inbred fanbase is going to to justify and defend this kind of behavior from their players.
If you read the Dwag chat rooms, a few are seeing the situation as it, but a large number are saying the only people that need to be punished are the AJC reporters for pursuing the story. Some have said that the AJC needs their press credentials for the football games revoked.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you read the Dwag chat rooms, a few are seeing the situation as it, but a large number are saying the only people that need to be punished are the AJC reporters for pursuing the story. Some have said that the AJC needs their press credentials for the football games revoked.
And that’s what I hate about college football today. Academic rigor, integrity in the program and basic moral standards all get sacrificed for some tribal / primal urge to say you are the best in athletic competition.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
In a non-related AJC article, Warren McLendon, who was the other player in the car, was asked about it. His response is telling...

"McClendon was asked about teammate Jalen Carter, the former Georgia defensive tackle whose involvement in the accident led to his arrest on charges of reckless driving earlier this week (Carter returned to Athens and came back to Indianapolis the next day). He responded: “Right now, I’m not really talking about that situation. Just to be safe.”"

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
In all fairness, most mutt fans can't read so I'm guessing they don't know what the AJC has uncovered.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

This is scary. Souls completely sold so they can say they won a game. Do they not understand their identities and lives are not tied to athletic competition?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And that’s what I hate about college football today. Academic rigor, integrity in the program and basic moral standards all get sacrificed for some tribal / primal urge to say you are the best in athletic competition.

There has to be a compromise so those of us that care about the important things don't have to compromise.

Not saying GT is 100% above board. I'm sure we do what we can to try and keep up. I'm saying I wish folks didn't have to do that.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

Seemes to be a lot of questions left to be answered. I understand kids being kids as an excuse, but when there is loss of life, that should disappear. Unfortunately, it looks like that is not the case in Athens.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Sure, the police are doing the investigative work that matters as far as criminal charges go but in an area that is more worried about the tarnish that might come to the NC Trophy from this, it's refreshing to see the AJC not letting this drop. After all, this was initially presented as a freak tragic accident, not as the result of criminal activity. The AJC dug into it and exposed a lot that uga was apparently content to let get swept under the rug. As you said, this is going to end badly for multiple people before this is all over.
I think the AJC is being fed by the mutt's woeful attempts to cover their asses. They're not investigating diddly, they're being told to report stuff that's about to hit the national wire anyway. This is all coordinated damage control, unfortunately for them there's way too much damage to control.

At the end of the day, some maybe many little people are going to be sacrificed to protect the big people whose disgusting leadership permitted or encouraged an environment where something like this could happen.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Seemes to be a lot of questions left to be answered. I understand kids being kids as an excuse, but when there is loss of life, that should disappear. Unfortunately, it looks like that is not the case in Athens.
I’m sure “kids being kids” versus manslaughter charges, reckless endangerment and leaving the scene of an accident all depends on your lawyer, how deep the pockets of your benefactors are, and whether or not the local justice system favors a certain power structure. We shall see.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sure “kids being kids” versus manslaughter charges, reckless endangerment and leaving the scene of an accident all depends on your lawyer, how deep the pockets of your benefactors are, and whether or not the local justice system favors a certain power structure. We shall see.
So almost the "whole team" and the female recruiting staff were in a strip club at 0200? Who was paying the tabs? But don't worry, there is not a culture problem in Athens.