Mutts

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The McClendon young man who is in stable condition, had just entered the transfer portal. May he recover fully, and the other families find peace and solace.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Bad Auto accident, after 2AM... I assume high speed...
Hopefully, there was no alcohol involved. Being so late, there's the possibility of falling asleep while driving. Always so sad when healthy people die tragically (especially young people).

It reminds me of the line in "How I Met Your Mother," nothing good ever happens after 2 AM. My parents always said after midnight. That's

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully, there was no alcohol involved. Being so late, there's the possibility of falling asleep while driving. Always so sad when healthy people die tragically (especially young people).

It reminds me of the line in "How I Met Your Mother," nothing good ever happens after 2 AM. My parents always said after midnight. That's
Not looking good. It has come out they were all at a local strip club right before the accident, and that the vehicle was traveling above the speed limit. It's also raising a lot of questions about improper relationships between university employees and players/recruits.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Yeh, I'd personally go with 9 or 10 pm.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Pretty damning article from AJC this evening. They wrote about the questions that many folks whispered. Why were athletic staff out at 2:30 with student athletes (against university policy to have any type of relationship between university staff and students)? Was there drinking? Even found that the group was together at a strip club in Athens just prior to the wreck. I never give the AJC much credit, but they actually seem to want the answers, and not for vindictive reasons.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When the news first broke the immediate question was why was a female staff member driving male student athletes after 2 AM? Don’t need to jump to conclusions to know this does not look good.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Pretty damning article from AJC this evening. They wrote about the questions that many folks whispered. Why were athletic staff out at 2:30 with student athletes (against university policy to have any type of relationship between university staff and students)? Was there drinking? Even found that the group was together at a strip club in Athens just prior to the wreck. I never give the AJC much credit, but they actually seem to want the answers, and not for vindictive reasons.
You have to feel for the families because this is horrible what happened.

That being said everyone knows what's going on up at the Cesspool. They're just like Alabama now, they've got the whole process in place. None of their players are student athletes, it's all a charade. They've set up an entire structure to manage their team on and off the field, it's a full time business. I doubt the AJC is really all that interested in asking. They're just managing the optics.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
You have to feel for the families because this is horrible what happened.

That being said everyone knows what's going on up at the Cesspool. They're just like Alabama now, they've got the whole process in place. None of their players are student athletes, it's all a charade. They've set up an entire structure to manage their team on and off the field, it's a full time business. I doubt the AJC is really all that interested in asking. They're just managing the optics.
Horrible indeed. My heart goes out to the families of all four. If I came across in any of my posts as insensitive I will retract them as that is the furthest thing from my intent.
But, they (AJC) are investigating. They even published an attachment piece explaining why they are investigating. I know one of Kirbys first acts as head coach was putting in some rule about 90 days to respond to any FOI requests. Which the intention of that is to hope that stories will die off before they have to respond. This is just so different and unfortunate.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
This is all terrible…but what is also sickening is the comments on the tweet and the mutt boards. They’re all up in arms about the AJC running this story. They’re nervous. Their response is… “What? Of age college adults aren’t allowed to hang out?” Sure, but alum female staff members and current players hanging at a strip club together? Not good optics. And did you see the body language between the two in the video? Holding hands, arms around each other leaving the club before they get in the SUV presumably rented by the University to haul recruits around. Woof.

Having said all that…I 100% expect the toxicology to come back negative, and for this to disappear in the coming weeks.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If everyone was over the age of 21, this is a non-issue. There are relationships between faculty and graduate students all the time. Regardless, there was no indication this was anything other than friends out together. My understanding is the players were 21/22 and the staffers were 24 or so. These people are contemporaries. We're talking about staffers, not coaches or someone in the chain of command. I agree with anyone saying this isn't a big deal that they were out together.

It is a little weird that two female staffers would be at a strip club, but then again...maybe not. I'm 54, not 24, so who's to say what goes on today.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If everyone was over the age of 21, this is a non-issue. There are relationships between faculty and graduate students all the time. Regardless, there was no indication this was anything other than friends out together. My understanding is the players were 21/22 and the staffers were 24 or so. These people are contemporaries. We're talking about staffers, not coaches or someone in the chain of command. I agree with anyone saying this isn't a big deal that they were out together.

It is a little weird that two female staffers would be at a strip club, but then again...maybe not. I'm 54, not 24, so who's to say what goes on today.
The player killed was only 20. And there are almost definitely policies that exist that staffers are not to have relationships with players or recruits.