Mutts

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If you shove someone at the grocery store because you want to get to your wife to ask a question, is that an excuse against the potential assault charge? And I don't buy that he didn't know who it was. If he had shoved an official to talk to his coach, would that be OK? I guess it isn't a penalty to shove a ref if you are in a hurry to talk to a coach.

It wasn't a hard shove that should be criminally prosecuted. However, it just screams entitlement. -How dare someone be in a spot partially blocking the head coach of the mutts from going onto the field to talk to another coach- That bleeds downward. -I am a player for the mutts, how dare anyone tell me not to drive 100mph in my sports car- -I am a mutt player, how dare this girl not do exactly what I say? How dare the police arrest me when I smack her around?- Culture is set from the top, and it looks like the mutt HC is an arrogant, entitled, POS. It is extremely easy to understand where the players get their arrest culture from.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
If you shove someone at the grocery store because you want to get to your wife to ask a question, is that an excuse against the potential assault charge? And I don't buy that he didn't know who it was. If he had shoved an official to talk to his coach, would that be OK? I guess it isn't a penalty to shove a ref if you are in a hurry to talk to a coach.

It wasn't a hard shove that should be criminally prosecuted. However, it just screams entitlement. -How dare someone be in a spot partially blocking the head coach of the mutts from going onto the field to talk to another coach- That bleeds downward. -I am a player for the mutts, how dare anyone tell me not to drive 100mph in my sports car- -I am a mutt player, how dare this girl not do exactly what I say? How dare the police arrest me when I smack her around?- Culture is set from the top, and it looks like the mutt HC is an arrogant, entitled, POS. It is extremely easy to understand where the players get their arrest culture from.
Kinda looked like when Tomlin “accidentally” blocked the Baltimore receiver from running back the kickoff for a TD. Kirby “wasn’t” looking but he was actually looking and knew what he was doing. How dare such a terrible team have such success against Kirby’s “vaunted” defense

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The craziest thing about this statement is it doesn't matter where you fall on the politically spectrum. We all feel this way. Smh, sad. How did we get here?

Uga fans should be the most outraged by this stuff.
It’s not even on their radar. I have friends and family who are uga fans and they never seem to know about this kind of stuff. The discussions they have are all about winning or losing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The psychological bind is this.

“I have no control over this so should I learn not to care? But on the other hand, people not caring is why social norms get lowered in the first place. But if I’m helpless to do anything about it, what good does it do to care to the point of getting high blood pressure, ulcers and stress related illnesses? But who says you are helpless to do anything about it? You could start a media campaign to bring back integrity to sports and establish a standard of ethics for coaching. It would require a lot of work to make any progress at all if any. But I don’t care that much.”

Think I’ll just go on Swarm and complain that somebody ought to do something.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm old enough to remember Woody Hayes (tOSU) being fired for slugging a Clemson player. Woody did have prior issues IIRC. Kirby's shove does not rise to Woody's level, IMO, but does warrant a suspension and fine. UGA administration needs to step in.

Knowing those fans, that's a good way for the administration to get fired.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm old enough to remember Woody Hayes (tOSU) being fired for slugging a Clemson player. Woody did have prior issues IIRC. Kirby's shove does not rise to Woody's level, IMO, but does warrant a suspension and fine. UGA administration needs to step in.
I 100% agree something SHOULD happen to him, but I highly doubt anything WILL happen to him.