Mutts

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Uh oh. Even Bark Madley is piling on...sort of.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Uh oh. Even Bark Madley is piling on...sort of.
Cant see the full article but even the teaser is a little apologetic... insinuates that it happens at all levels and all places but in the NFL, the agent gets the call.
No thanks. Not buying.
Poor Kirby. Doing everything he possibly can... short of what might lose him a football game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Cant see the full article but even the teaser is a little apologetic... insinuates that it happens at all levels and all places but in the NFL, the agent gets the call.
No thanks. Not buying.
Poor Kirby. Doing everything he possibly can... short of what might lose him a football game.
I wish they'd write an article comparing Ugag and Tech football players' problems with the law. It's like night and day. The ratio must be ten to one.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
No thanks. Not buying.
Pretty close. He, Bark, compares either winning nattys or getting recruits that don't break the law. His closing line "Whatever he's doing hasn't worked. In four months, he has gone from "complete control" to "I wish". The Bulldogs must do better. Not to get melodramatic, but lives are at stake." are the harshest lines he has for the states flagship program.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Pretty close. He, Bark, compares either winning nattys or getting recruits that don't break the law. His closing line "Whatever he's doing hasn't worked. In four months, he has gone from "complete control" to "I wish". The Bulldogs must do better. Not to get melodramatic, but lives are at stake." are the harshest lines he has for the states flagship program.
I’m rooting for a Nick Nolte Blue Chips-esqe press conference meltdown in which a regretful, broken, Kirby word vomits every indiscretion and names every culpable party before ripping off his mic and leaving to coach a pop Warner game.
Hope it happens before this scourge damages anyone else.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
None of this will matter to anyone until it matters to a legal authority outside of UGA sphere of influence/control. Just like a road won’t immediately collapse when a small stream of water begins to run unmonitored beneath it but it does compromise the integrity of the road and it will eventually collapse if left untreated. So these off the field episodes will become a much larger and bothersome issue when they begin to lose football games. Then the 2-3 string guys will begin to question if the ball of yarn is unraveling and visiting recruits see that nothing lasts forever. You can bet your bottom dollar that the other colleges recruiting against UGA have those articles at arms length to be sure their parents are aware. Kirby’s under tons of pressure in numerous directions: recruiting, retaining coaches, donors, off field conduct issues. So I imagine it wears on him and if it continues it may be his inability to manage the other areas of his job that cause him to move on to a different college program or retire. But he has such a huge ego they may just have to fire him.
Time will tell if all of this has a negative impact on Kirby’s ability to keep all the plates spinning and still win at a very high level. Much less not experiencing real legal trouble/law enforcement or some type of punishment from the NCAA.. it will be interesting if UGA loses the $2 million lawsuit filed by the deceased player’s family. If their lawyer establishes a “pattern of behavior or lack of control within the football department “ then they may share some very damaging information in court or put some UGA football coaching staff in some tough positions when under sworn oath in court. I imagine that they’ll settle for an undisclosed amount of money because they don’t want to be in court. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
None of this will matter to anyone until it matters to a legal authority outside of UGA sphere of influence/control. Just like a road won’t immediately collapse when a small stream of water begins to run unmonitored beneath it but it does compromise the integrity of the road and it will eventually collapse if left untreated. So these off the field episodes will become a much larger and bothersome issue when they begin to lose football games. Then the 2-3 string guys will begin to question if the ball of yarn is unraveling and visiting recruits see that nothing lasts forever. You can bet your bottom dollar that the other colleges recruiting against UGA have those articles at arms length to be sure their parents are aware. Kirby’s under tons of pressure in numerous directions: recruiting, retaining coaches, donors, off field conduct issues. So I imagine it wears on him and if it continues it may be his inability to manage the other areas of his job that cause him to move on to a different college program or retire. But he has such a huge ego they may just have to fire him.
Time will tell if all of this has a negative impact on Kirby’s ability to keep all the plates spinning and still win at a very high level. Much less not experiencing real legal trouble/law enforcement or some type of punishment from the NCAA.. it will be interesting if UGA loses the $2 million lawsuit filed by the deceased player’s family. If their lawyer establishes a “pattern of behavior or lack of control within the football department “ then they may share some very damaging information in court or put some UGA football coaching staff in some tough positions when under sworn oath in court. I imagine that they’ll settle for an undisclosed amount of money because they don’t want to be in court. It will be interesting to see how it all works out.
Only thing that will come of this. And maaaaaaaaaaybe the Gantt fellow will be fired.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You lay out a possible scenario but, unfortunately, the one that I think is least likely. Lots of money and lots of vested interest in keeping a lid on the problem while keeping uga in the hunt for another natty. I hate to say it, but this state is run by uga, from the governor on down. And the corruption is deep, well established, and everyone looks out for each other in a “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” kind of way. People get elected, people get government jobs, and people get special “club memberships” based on the dog connection.

But your scenario is at least possible and we can hope.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Going to get worse for those folks east of the city. It looks like the staffer is providing documents to show they were regularly told they could use the SUVs for personal use.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You lay out a possible scenario but, unfortunately, the one that I think is least likely. Lots of money and lots of vested interest in keeping a lid on the problem while keeping uga in the hunt for another natty. I hate to say it, but this state is run by uga, from the governor on down. And the corruption is deep, well established, and everyone looks out for each other in a “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” kind of way. People get elected, people get government jobs, and people get special “club memberships” based on the dog connection.

But your scenario is at least possible and we can hope.

Yeah, the only accountability is gonna come from an entity outside the state. Today's article, link posted by @MidtownJacket , comes into play from an insurance standpoint only imho.

It'll hurt them financially but that's it. From a culpability standpoint, they'll delay then write the checks and get NDA's. But will be business as usual from there, again, imho.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

Going to get worse for those folks east of the city. It looks like the staffer is providing documents to show they were regularly told they could use the SUVs for personal use.
I can't believe it. Right after the crash, she refused to talk to investigators, and now we know why. Number one rule when police come to talk to you is to shut up. Lawyer up and then go talk. IF true, the UGAA is in it deeper than they could have imagined. IF texts and emails show they can keep the rentals, drink at athletic functions etc, this scandal will be bigger than Jan Kemp. Kirby will probably survive, but folks in the buttsmear building won't.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck

The dwags will probably pay her to go away.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe it. Right after the crash, she refused to talk to investigators, and now we know why. Number one rule when police come to talk to you is to shut up. Lawyer up and then go talk. IF true, the UGAA is in it deeper than they could have imagined. IF texts and emails show they can keep the rentals, drink at athletic functions etc, this scandal will be bigger than Jan Kemp. Kirby will probably survive, but folks in the buttsmear building won't.
Agree but what outside actors will have the stomach for the high priced smoke screens that are going to go up?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Boosters support college athletics because winning makes them feel good about themselves and the choices they have made and continue to make. Very few are going to suddenly say they were wrong to support a program that continues to win.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
It will go out with a whimper unfortunately. They will stroke some checks and dismiss the poor saps who sent a text authorizing the use of the vehicles outside of written established policy and vow to better train their staff going forward.
Kirby is safe unless the “L” column starts getting crooked numbers in it.

Stroke some checks, issue public apologies and play for another championship because “it just means more.”

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It will go out with a whimper unfortunately. They will stroke some checks and dismiss the poor saps who sent a text authorizing the use of the vehicles outside of written established policy and vow to better train their staff going forward.
Kirby is safe unless the “L” column starts getting crooked numbers in it.
I agree that Kirby is untouchable. But the article says the lawsuit has screen shots of texts allowing the folks to keep the rental SUVs. It lays blame that Grantt, an employee of the AA, worked to get speeding charges reduced for LeCroy and therefore, the AA was complicit and an encourager for her to continue to drive horribly. The AD may, in a stretch, be the highest person facing the gallows. But I'm betting he takes a new gig after cutting the throats of a few subordinates. But Kirby is gold unless a major piece of evidence is linked directly to him.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Boosters support college athletics because winning makes them feel good about themselves and the choices they have made and continue to make. Very few are going to suddenly say they were wrong to support a program that continues to win.
Of course. For many fans, their team winning is some kind of personal validation.