Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we're disagreeing that much. We both think that we need (1) a good coach, and (2) a good recruiter. I think we may also agree that Geoff is neither of those. Case closed?
Except I also think we need a niche that is different on the O side of the ball. That is the disagree part. And although we do need good players, this special difference is even more important to having a 10+ win season.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
Except I also think we need a niche that is different on the O side of the ball. That is the disagree part. And although we do need good players, this special difference is even more important to having a 10+ win season.
Why? Which top 10 teams have that currently? I'm not trying to be UGA or Alabama yet. In the next 10-15 years, sure, but just looking to be a top 25 team for a change, then go from there.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’d love to see if we could go after Malzahn after 2022. He’s making $2.3M at UCF this year and we could beat that. He runs a schematically advantageous offense that we would have the athletes to make work. He’s called his own plays before and I’m sure would love to do it again, and even if he doesn’t we wouldn’t need to shell out a ton for an OC since he would mostly control the offense. He’s a good recruiter with connections throughout Georgia and the south. He’s kind of a “different” guy who likes to play the underdog which I think would fit in great at Tech. And I’m sure he wants to get back into big time football, so even if he uses Tech as a stepping stone for a couple of years it would put us in a much better position. Plus it would be a big name hire to generate a lot of excitement.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’d love to see if we could go after Malzahn after 2022. He’s making $2.3M at UCF this year and we could beat that. He runs a schematically advantageous offense that we would have the athletes to make work. He’s called his own plays before and I’m sure would love to do it again, and even if he doesn’t we wouldn’t need to shell out a ton for an OC since he would mostly control the offense. He’s a good recruiter with connections throughout Georgia and the south. He’s kind of a “different” guy who likes to play the underdog which I think would fit in great at Tech. And I’m sure he wants to get back into big time football, so even if he uses Tech as a stepping stone for a couple of years it would put us in a much better position. Plus it would be a big name hire to generate a lot of excitement.
UCF going P5 soon. Not sure our job is better at this point.