Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I started attending Georgia Tech in 2011 and I think this is the absolute low point to date of my football fandom. Next week it might get even lower.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
9/10 power 5 teams would find this unacceptable and enough to fire their coach. If we let it carry on and don’t at least try a new cheap coach or DC, hello 15k crowds BDS and goodbye future recruiting

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Collins supposed to be an expert at Defence ? How is he letting our D suck this bad.
As much as I want Collins gone, there is no way in hell GT can afford it. Tstan either must force him to make big changes or resign .

I will not continue to support being embarrassed like this. And I bet next week it's gonna be 90% UGA fans at tech.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Have you ever heard TStan speak? If so, do you still believe he's someone who knows how to make good hiring decisions? Just look at how he allowed this coach to con him. Thinking with his heart, not his brain.

But hey, at least all the players know that Geoff loves them. That's what really matters here.
I understand that TStan hasn't been very public.... that doesn't justify us not doing what we can to rectify things. Just because we aren't big donors or AD's doesn't mean we can't attempt to make our opinions heard

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Collins supposed to be an expert at Defence ? How is he letting our D suck this bad.
As much as I want Collins gone, there is no way in hell GT can afford it. Tstan either must force him to make big changes or resign .

I will not continue to support being embarrassed like this. And I bet next week it's gonna be 90% UGA fans at tech.
How can we afford not to?

slugboy

Staff member
We can't afford both options, something like 20 million right to fire him , not sure I'm correct on that.
It’s the remainder of his contract, guaranteed. He gets automatic raises per year. I believe the current buyout is $14 million.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I believe we have a chance at a traditional offense if we have the right coach. Collins at least has gotten good recruits unlike PJ but this Collins experiment is a big fail so far.
Good recruits and good coaching won’t be enough unless you will be satisfied with an 8-9 max win team. But, for me, I want the opportunity for that special year, & at the Institute, the only non-Academy STEM school playing big boy football, it will take out of the ordinary. It isn’t 1990-2000 anymore.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I think these last two games are going to show that just about any “progress” from this season was more to do with how weak the ACC Coastal was than Geoff improving our program. We’ve gotten blown out by top 10 teams before. We’ll get blown out by top 10 teams again. However, giving up 45 points at halftime is inexcusable for a P5 team no matter who the opponent.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
Guess I will say it. We should have supported PJ and doubled down. This experiment is fail.
I don't think so. CPJ was taking us down the path of being a perpetual 7-5 team. With a pro style offense, at least we stand a chance of getting a good recruiting class. The problem is that once they get to the flats, Coach Love doesn't have a clue how to make them a bit better. That's a big problem, obviously. Let's just get the right guy in here, one who knows the game of football, who has a good staff, and who can coach them up--not one who is a real expert at loving the players, but not such an expert at increasing the quality of their skills.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This isn’t a shot at you but a question that I ask myself as well:

If our suggestions include replacing the coordinators and assistants and changing the very essence of who GC is, isn’t this just a vote for starting over? If we want a coach with a Beamer mentality, let’s go get a coach with a Beamer mentality. I hope GC can improve his in game decision making, but I don’t think it is smart to expect him to become a results-oriented HC, when all he has ever preached is the process and love.

I think it is folly to expect a tiger to change his stripes, or to paraphrase one of my favorite coaches “he is what he is”

View attachment 11626
No offense taken but today is the first time I believe that this team has quit on Geoff. Put a fork in him. He is just about done as a coach. I think the program has collapsed to the point that it is beyond repair. IIWII

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
You can tell the media has turned on Collins as well. I bet that we will see some sort of statement from Tstan after UGA