Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

chunt42316

Georgia Tech Fan
At the post game press conference can one of the beat writers finally ask if CJC has ever seen a battle or a fight? Because we know that's what he will say about this game. "They battled and they fought". Also, at next week's presser can the HC, OC and DC all 3 come out at the same time and CJC just say, " 11 others have tried and they failed. We're no different, so we're going to tote the upcoming *** whipping and get to working on next year." It would be the only thing he has ever said you could believe. But then they probably wouldn't start working on next year. So dang. Can't believe anything he says.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
UCF going P5 soon. Not sure our job is better at this point.
The Big12 will lose their 2 biggest media draws when Texas and OU leave. They weren’t even invited to join the new “alliance.” Plus none of that even takes place until 2025. We can pay more than UCF now, and I’m sure we’ll still be able to then

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
Bottom line is GT needs a lot of things but we definitely need a QB and we don’t have one that we can be successful with on our Roster period. This Dumpster fire has me frustrated and I’ve been a supporter for this staff since the start. Please put one of the others in because this guy isn’t it. Not going to win but find a block to build on.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I'm interested to see what Coach ATL (All Time Loser) says after the game.
I can write it now.

"Tough game today. Difficult environment. But we had a multi-dimensional fail today. Now, I don't want to use a lot of "coach speak", but what that means is we failed on "multiple" dimensions. But we love these kids. I love these kids. I wake up every day excited to put my pants on. And I want to point out one very important thing. One. Had we scored more points that Notre Dame, we would have won. Simple. So we KNOW what we have to do to be elite. And we're going to work on it. Brick by brick. Any questions?"

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is GT needs a lot of things but we definitely need a QB and we don’t have one that we can be successful with on our Roster period. This Dumpster fire has me frustrated and I’ve been a supporter for this staff since the start. Please put one of the others in because this guy isn’t it. Not going to win but find a block to build on.
Yep, the embarrassment that’s playing out on national tv is all due to our quarterback :ROFLMAO:

GTcanWINagain

Banned
Probably not but maybe our schedule will not be quite as demanding next year. I would think that 6 or 7 wins and a bowl would be a good target for the Jackets. That, and looking like they know what they are doing on defense for a change.
Yeah, that’s the ticket! It was the tough schedule’s fault! That’s the reason Tech lost so many games this season! It definitely wasn’t the coaches! Nope!

Attachments

• AC5C0FFC-33E5-4B8B-A0AA-70D8FD17C8E2.gif
    AC5C0FFC-33E5-4B8B-A0AA-70D8FD17C8E2.gif
    635.9 KB · Views: 8

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
“The big donors gave us Lewis”??
How exactly did that go down?
I don't know in detail. But at the time it was widely reported that Lewis was the choice of major financial backers. I just looked on the nets and couldn't find any stories directly on point. No surprise there; most of the information we have about "big donor" dissatisfaction with Paul has been on this site, not in the press. So all I have to go on is my memory from those days, dicey though that may be.

I do remember this, however. I thought Lewis, who had a grand total of one winning season in his entire head coaching career, was a really, really bad choice. I was willing to give Collins a chance, despite my misgivings. Not any more.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It’s worth considering bringing a coach out of retirement like Spurrier with the said purpose of building the actual program over a couple years until we can afford an actual coach.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we're disagreeing that much. We both think that we need (1) a good coach, and (2) a good recruiter (to bring in good players). I think we may also agree that Geoff is neither of those, though he's clearly got the energy and ability to recruit better than CPJ. Either way, I don't think he's our guy. Case closed?
One quibble: Paul was not a bad recruiter. He ran system offense and he always got the players who could do what he wanted to do. Not that he wouldn't have wanted some of the 5 star types, but he got what he needed to make the O work. The D recruiting - up to the DCs - was always decent, except at DT. We kept getting good recruits there and having them leave after a year or two.