Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand how some of y'all will give up on a high chance of success for retread coaches because they run offenses that are "more fun to watch" WTF is fun about watching a losing season?

I had fun in 2008, 2009, 2014, 2016, and many in between.
I like the triple and loved Paul. I’m just saying that we aren’t going back to the option. The people that actually give big money don’t want it. We just endured 2.7 years of 9 wins to move away from it. That ship has sailed, and I wasn’t in love with the option as much as the man who ran it. I wouldn’t mind Monken but don’t want anything to do with anyone else. Why? I think Monken is a good coach who runs the option instead of just an option coach.

I think we can run a unique scheme without going to the triple. I think we can run a generic scheme better than we are. I don’t care about the labor pains, I want to see the baby.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
B85B5D12-7B0A-4782-9BF4-08CE6544B268.jpeg

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We are going to have to make a really good hire for our next coach to turn this mess around. I think of all the money we have paid sorry coaches over the years due to bad contracts and if we had those monies back we could hire a really good one.

Jmonty71

Banned
But but but greatest transition in the history of the world......... cupboard was bare.....404 takeover.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I think every year Collins stays as HC, that adds 2 years, to recover, at this point. My concern is, how the transfer portal does, this off season. My fear is we have players jump ship. Added to that, players change commitments. And..... I totally would understand. Nobody likes playing for a losing team....

Jmonty71

Banned
We are going to have to make a really good hire for our next coach to turn this mess around. I think of all the money we have paid sorry coaches over the years due to bad contracts and if we had those monies back we could hire a really good one.
I'm for hire.... I mean, I can't do worse than Collins...... And I will be glad to do it, for 1/2 the pay...... LOL

Animal02

Banned
I think every year Collins stays as HC, that adds 2 years, to recover, at this point. My concern is, how the transfer portal does, this off season. My fear is we have players jump ship. Added to that, players change commitments. And..... I totally would understand. Nobody likes playing for a losing team....
And it will take a decade to recover the fan base.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
GC would have to average 9 wins a season for the next 8 year to match that CPJ's record and his hated offense. At least now we have great dance moves on the sidelines.

That’s with or without vacated wins? Lol

In all seriousness, I just don’t get how every CGC loss turns into some vindication for CPJ. He retired, quit, or what you want to call it. This is not going to get us back any closer to seeing rocket toss or midline! Here goes the revisionist history again. How was 2015 an anomaly when another losing season was followed in 2017?

What’s the solution to fixing this mess besides firing CGC bc that’s not happening anytime soon?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Players are not built like fans. Going to the transfer portal doesn’t equate to an upgrade or even lateral team. A team also has to have room for you to transfer there

Animal02

Banned
That’s with or without vacated wins? Lol

In all seriousness, I just don’t get how every CGC loss turns into some vindication for CPJ. He retired, quit, or what you want to call it. This is not going to get us back any closer to seeing rocket toss or midline! Here goes the revisionist history again. How was 2015 an anomaly when another losing season was followed in 2017?

What’s the solution to fixing this mess besides firing CGC bc that’s not happening anytime soon?
There is no fixing the mess with this clown show. And BTW.....I do think CPJ's offense had run its course at Tech. I do think we could have branched out from it, without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Let's face it, with the limited majors, limited fan base, being in the ACC etc, etc, we will never be able to compete consistently with the factories.

Jmonty71

Banned
Players are not built like fans. Going to the transfer portal doesn’t equate to an upgrade or even lateral team. A team also has to have room for you to transfer there
I will be willing to bet our 4 star kids will have no issues finding a home. As for upgrade? Pick 1 of 80 other teams, and its an upgrade.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think Collins will fire our DC, at the minimum. Personally, I think the OC and DC need to be replaced. With that said, I cannot name any coordinators, worth their salt, would want to coach under Collins. So, really not sure where that leaves us.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think Collins will fire our DC, at the minimum. Personally, I think the OC and DC need to be replaced. With that said, I cannot name any coordinators, worth their salt, would want to coach under Collins. So, really not sure where that leaves us.
That is my fear who would come and work with CGC