Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
There is no fixing the mess with this clown show. And BTW.....I do think CPJ's offense had run its course at Tech. I do think we could have branched out from it, without throwing the baby out with the bath water. Let's face it, with the limited majors, limited fan base, being in the ACC etc, etc, we will never be able to compete consistently with the factories.

But we didn’t. We literally tried to run some obscure offense with Tobias and it didn’t work.

As hard as it may seems, we are close. Right now, we just give up waaayyyy too many chunk plays on defense. 60 plays of 20yds or more in 10gms. That’s a little over double of what you’ll see in typical yr. CGC just need make some tough decisions and get rid of buddies and some GT alums. Next yr is the deadline. You’ll finally have your first class of your upperclassmen and some war daddies that should be to compete

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That’s with or without vacated wins? Lol

In all seriousness, I just don’t get how every CGC loss turns into some vindication for CPJ. He retired, quit, or what you want to call it. This is not going to get us back any closer to seeing rocket toss or midline! Here goes the revisionist history again. How was 2015 an anomaly when another losing season was followed in 2017?

What’s the solution to fixing this mess besides firing CGC bc that’s not happening anytime soon?

We were 5-6 in 2017 which is two more wins than Collins has managed in a season. Not to mention we had double digit leads in the second half in 4 of those 6 losses. We were very competitive that year, but **** the bed. 2017 was a losing season, but it wasn’t a total disaster 3-9 season like 2015, which is why I called that an anomaly.

Animal02

Banned
But we didn’t. We literally tried to run some obscure offense with Tobias and it didn’t work.

As hard as it may seems, we are close. Right now, we just give up waaayyyy too many chunk plays on defense. 60 plays of 20yds or more in 10gms. That’s a little over double of what you’ll see in typical yr. CGC just need make some tough decisions and get rid of buddies and some GT alums. Next yr is the deadline. You’ll finally have your first class of your upperclassmen and some war daddies that should be to compete
We are not close. Geoff is and crew are still making the same amateur mistakes they made in 2019. Recruiting and star players are not the panacea.....if that were the case, FSU, Miami and another 10 teams would all be ranked and contenders.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We are not close. Geoff is and crew are still making the same amateur mistakes they made in 2019. Recruiting and star players are not the panacea.....if that were the case, FSU, Miami and another 10 teams would all be ranked and contenders.

Agree to disagree.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
No matter the quality of players you have, you can’t overcome stupid, moronic, no good, idiotic, dumb ****, WTF, doofus decisions like going for it on 4th and 18. I started a thread but this guy is losing me.

Make the intelligent coaching decision!!! That’s all I ask. You know the smart decision right now? Can your DC and take over. Appease the masses because there has to be a sacrificial lamb.

I’m so apathetic about GT football. I can’t even talk with my dad about it. I HATE being a GT fan right now.

Last edited:

Jmonty71

Banned
Has anyone considered whether Collins is intentionally paying homage to our transition from the triple option by coaching to win 3 games per year over 3 years? The triple, triple tribute.
No... He can stop. However; if its 3 yards and a cloud of dust.....we got shafted on the dust portion.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Technically how long does everyone think we are stuck with Collins with his contract? I wish this was his last year but realistically I am hoping next year is his last year.

Animal02

Banned
Technically how long does everyone think we are stuck with Collins with his contract? I wish this was his last year but realistically I am hoping next year is his last year.
It all comes down to money..,.money TStan guaranteed with the absurd contract he signed. Do you take you lumps now and eat the buyout, or suffer years (or a decade) of crap attendance and fan indifference?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This thread is 144 pages now and two weeks left. Emotions are running hot right now. I don't see him ever getting the fan base back. No one is hiring him away with his record. He has to make some tough coaching changes to at least give the fans some semblance of hope next year. TStan better get his act together and make sure Collins understands how bad things really are. He just wasn't ready for P5 football.

JG3

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s with or without vacated wins? Lol

In all seriousness, I just don’t get how every CGC loss turns into some vindication for CPJ. He retired, quit, or what you want to call it. This is not going to get us back any closer to seeing rocket toss or midline! Here goes the revisionist history again. How was 2015 an anomaly when another losing season was followed in 2017?

What’s the solution to fixing this mess besides firing CGC bc that’s not happening anytime soon?
Imagine PJ calling a rocket toss with these backs. I can't imagine anything less than a ACC title this year would disappoint a PJ coached team.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow

The attached link has the info. It basically says if we fire him prior to 4 years, we owe the remaining value of the contract. So, if we fire him this year, we would owe him roughly 14 million. If we fire him after the 4th year (ie next year), we owe him 7.2m. The 7.2m is not a crippling buyout.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
This team is scoring on par with basically every PJ coached team sans 2014. Offense isn’t the problem, it’s defense and it’s atrocious.
Scoring the same with more possessions per game isn’t really comparable though.
Two points per drive is far lower than 2.88 in CPJ last year.
https://www.bcftoys.com/2021-ppd

Also interesting to see how far the offense has come (130->76) and how stagnant the defense (basically all high 80s) has been since Collins’ first year

Last edited: