Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Many thought a 7 year contract for a virtually unproven HC was a serious mistake. I agreed, but wanted to see steady improvement year over year
that indicated we were on the right track at least. This year, we somehow miraculously beat UNC, beat KSU, and barely beat a sorry Duke team. In year
3 , we should never have lost to NIU, and we should have won this last game. 5-7 would have demonstrated solid improvement this year. I predict massive transfers out and decommitments in the coming months. This is a train wreck, IMO.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
If anyone on the D staff last after this year, then I will turn on GC. Marco is the only coach that is working. Thacker is a D Analyst at best.

The d back are just dumb. Incredibly dumb.
Why does Marco get a pass? Do our DE's actually get pressure on the QB? No one on the Defense should he spared.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can’t believe I used to support this guy. I was fooled.
There were many who were. He is the eternal optimist speaking with words people wanted to hear. I was afraid from the day I heard him speak, but I held out some hope that maybe he was somehow going to do what I did not think anyone could do at the Institute in today’s big boy football. That hope was a cloud of crap.

GTBlaze

Banned
I’m still on the CGC fan train because I was to see TECH do well but there has to be a huge shakeup with his coaching staff

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I played on two state and national championship teams in high in the 80s and yeah that was a long time ago and things change but if we weren’t winning nobody was happy and even we were, we never allowed ourselves to be fully content bc that was our coaching staff’s expectation. They weren’t perfect but we had winning teams. Think the juice crew and that kinda stuff needs to be reevaluated. Collins needs to quit worrying about being their best friend.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Jesus Christ are people still fixated on the option? Seems everyone forgot Clemson jumping over our offensive line and having no 2 minute offense.

But I get it. We need to clean house.

Yes they are. It makes some feel cool that they can go over the dive, pitch or keep.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I remember seeing this bumper sticker in the 80s. Things do turn around but all I can think of right now is, Go CGC and take your assistants with you. In other words, resign. Please don’t make us endure 5-7 years of this awfulness. If you leave now, you can blame this on CPJ and the 3O. Starting next year, you own it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am an Army Season ticket holder also, don't screw with that team too
My best friend from HS was middle linebacker at army. Played in the east west shrine game. I follow them because of him and Monken connection to GT. Good to see them having a good season. Got to be proud of those academy kids. They don't redshirt and expected to graduate in 4 years with a tough curriculum.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how many 15+ yard plays we have given up in the last 4 games but it feels like a ton. If you watch the games back it seems like players on D are not playing their assignments. In other words they are lacking discipline and trying to do too much or be a hero. Having discipline is the first step in having consistency because it means a player trusts his teammates to be in their position. It doesn’t mean all things will be fixed or yhat you won’t give up big plays, but it at least gives you a chance.

I would love to hear Geoff comment on what his plans are to drive to consistent play. Go back and watch how many times our corners have that “where the heck were you?” look after a play.