Most likely wins this year

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Between Miami, fsu, and UNC I feel like we steal one.
As someone who watches Georgia State because I went to school there, I can say GT definitely can beat UNC. Georgia State has a below average offense with a QB who can't really throw, so Georgia Tech should be able to hang 40+ on UNC, and our defense is better than Georgia State. I think GT wins against UNC but that's just my opinion.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
To me, viewing the remaining games, I see Duke and UVA as must wins. I see UCF, UNC, Pitt, and VT as very possible wins. FSU and Ole Miss will probably beat us handily, and I see almost no way we beat Miami or uga.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
To me, viewing the remaining games, I see Duke and UVA as must wins. I see UCF, UNC, Pitt, and VT as very possible wins. FSU and Ole Miss will probably beat us handily, and I see almost no way we beat Miami or uga.
Of those games I think Duke, UVA, and VT are for sure wins. I think UCF, UNC, and Pitt are possible wins. And FSU and Ole Miss are likely losses.

I think at worst we go 4-8 (only beating WCU, Duke, UVA, VT)
I personally think we go 7-5 (with wins over the WCU, Duke, UVA, VT, UCF, UNC, and Pitt)
Being optimistic I think we beat Miami and one of FSU or Ole Miss so we go 9-3

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Of those games I think Duke, UVA, and VT are for sure wins. I think UCF, UNC, and Pitt are possible wins. And FSU and Ole Miss are likely losses.

I think at worst we go 4-8 (only beating WCU, Duke, UVA, VT)
I personally think we go 7-5 (with wins over the WCU, Duke, UVA, VT, UCF, UNC, and Pitt)
Being optimistic I think we beat Miami and one of FSU or Ole Miss so we go 9-3

I'm inclined to believe Miami just might be for real this year. There's an awful lot of NFL talent on that team, and sooner or later it's going to gel. Same with FSU, but I have slightly less faith in their coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our deep coverage which has been way better will be severely tested by the ole miss WR.

Hope they learn a lot, because the acc has turned pass happy.

I read that Benson came to us because he was a smaller but fast TE and didnt fit the run heavy plans. The cuse is running w freak back and the qb has a great QBR

We can't just throw short passes and run the ball - need some deep throws to hit. Let's Go Benson!
Just kidding.

We win at least 4 and look very good in long portions of the game

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Is that a dodge? I am guessing that's your way of saying you don't actually believe we will go 0-10 over the rest of the season...
Whatever you say boss man. This team is capable of having a winning season or imploding like last year. It is, sadly, mostly on Jeff. He has to put this team on his back and carry them. I have little confidence in the offensive line or the receivers. I have more confidence in them though than their coaches which is pretty bad.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'm inclined to believe Miami just might be for real this year. There's an awful lot of NFL talent on that team, and sooner or later it's going to gel. Same with FSU, but I have slightly less faith in their coach.
They had talent last year, the year before that, the year before that and every year stretching all the way back to Chan's time. The difference is Mario. Shannon couldn't do it, the Reverend couldn't do it, Al was in over his head and poor Manny suffered the ignominy of having airplanes fly around the stadium with banners calling for his firing.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
They had talent last year, the year before that, the year before that and every year stretching all the way back to Chan's time. The difference is Mario. Shannon couldn't do it, the Reverend couldn't do it, Al was in over his head and poor Manny suffered the ignominy of having airplanes fly around the stadium with banners calling for his firing.

Agreed. We said the same about uga forever as well. Eventually teams with a lot of talent tend to put it together. Like you, I think Mario is the difference.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Two weeks in… updated numbers. We’ve underachieved (0-2 ATS) so our odds generally reduce. But some teams - looking at you UVA, have done relatively worse.

Virginia - 50%
Duke - 50%
Virginia Tech - 30%
North Carolina - 20%
UCF - 15%
Ole Miss - 15%
Miami - 15%
FSU - 10%
Pittsburgh - 10%
Georgia - 1%

This stuff changes week by week, but 3 total season wins is most likely.

After three weeks in and still an 0-fer ATS. I updated odds below. 2-10 is the most likely season outcome. And at this point, we’re now an underdog in all remaining games.

Virginia - 45%
Duke - 35%
Virginia Tech - 25%
North Carolina - 10%
Miami - 10%
UCF - 5%
FSU - 5%
Pittsburgh - 5%
Georgia - < 1%

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to admit at this point I don't know we can beat either Duke or UVA.

I watched the game from Section 9. From what I witnessed first hand of the lack of anything resembling coaching, leadership, terrible play, and apparent apathy from the players, I believe we may have a single win season.