Most likely wins this year

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
GT is s now a "W" on our future competition schedules this year... 😕

Sad. Hard to believe we won a national championship when I was in school 30 years ago and now we’re a laughingstock and a gimme W on other team’s schedules. Sad.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Unless something changes, I find it tough to see a sure fire win for us right now. Sad. 😐

There are no "sure fire wins" but we will be favored against Duke. That Northwestern team they beat lost at home to Southern Illinois. I still think we should have a punchers chance against VT as well, and UVA looks less impressive than us. If we beat UCF, there's still an outside chance at 5-6 wins.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
After three weeks in and still an 0-fer ATS. I updated odds below. 2-10 is the most likely season outcome. And at this point, we’re now an underdog in all remaining games.

Virginia - 45%
Duke - 35%
Virginia Tech - 25%
North Carolina - 10%
Miami - 10%
UCF - 5%
FSU - 5%
Pittsburgh - 5%
Georgia - < 1%

Pretty big change after yesterday! All of our remaining ACC opponents have underachieved except Duke.

Below are updated projections:

Virginia - 55%
Virginia Tech - 50% (biggest change)
Duke - 40%
Miami - 25%
North Carolina - 15%
FSU - 10%
Georgia - 2%

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Pretty big change after yesterday! All of our remaining ACC opponents have underachieved except Duke.

Virginia - 55%
Duke - 40%
Miami - 25%
North Carolina - 15%
FSU - 10%
Georgia - 2%
This seems about right. I wish we were playing Miami now while they are working through their issues.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

Virginia - 55%
Duke - 40%
Miami - 25%
North Carolina - 15%
FSU - 10%
Georgia - 2%

Updated numbers below. Nice to see the odds continuing to slowly tick up.

Virginia - 60%
Virginia Tech - 50%
Miami - 30%
North Carolina - 15%
FSU - 10%
Georgia - 2%

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
All of them.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

Agree with your 4-win prediction.... by week 4.

Come At Me GIF by The Fast Saga

This handsome devil was still more right than most of you.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
S
Updated numbers below. Nice to see the odds continuing to slowly tick up.

Virginia - 60%
Virginia Tech - 50%
Miami - 30%
North Carolina - 15%
FSU - 10%
Georgia - 2%
Sweep VA and there is a lot of motivation to win that sixth game. UNC is not good defensively but a really good young QB. Miami is a head scratch with all the hype about the new coach and all those 4* players.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
S

Sweep VA and there is a lot of motivation to win that sixth game. UNC is not good defensively but a really good young QB. Miami is a head scratch with all the hype about the new coach and all those 4* players.

I agree. I think Miami is the most likely of the three, but I don't think FSU or UNC are any better than Pitt.

What's interesting to me is that we're exactly where we were last year at this point: 3-3 at the break, coming off of a narrow win over Duke and UVA on deck. But that's where the similarities end!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone else has likely pointed this out already... but the Jackets are 3-3 & the combined record of the 3 teams they lost to is 16-1.

Keep chipping away... a game at a time. [Clichés blah blah blah]

Go JACKETS!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Someone else has likely pointed this out already... but the Jackets are 3-3 & the combined record of the 3 teams they lost to is 16-1.

Keep chipping away... a game at a time. [Clichés blah blah blah]

Go JACKETS!!

Yeah, kg told yall things were gonna be allrii....

Recover Falling Down GIF

.... just like I thought.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I think Miami is the most likely of the three, but I don't think FSU or UNC are any better than Pitt.

What's interesting to me is that we're exactly where we were last year at this point: 3-3 at the break, coming off of a narrow win over Duke and UVA on deck. But that's where the similarities end!
We have a decent shot against Miami. I don't think we can score enough to keep up with UNC even though their defense isn't great. FSU is kinda a wild card - they have more talent but we seem to play well against them.