Mills Suspended

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is not true. Cannabis has actions on the reward pathway as do other addictive substances. It is true that intoxication is not medically dangerous and that there is not a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Relative to many other substances cannabis is not very dangerous, but it clearly is a drug with dependence potential.
So you're saying marijuana is an addictive drug physically and chemically? I do not believe it is, if that's what you are saying. Can you have withdraws to some extent? Sure but that can be a mindset, it's kinda like an addiction to gambling imo.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Sorry for my contribution there. Should have been more cognizant of the can of worms. I have enough conversations about addiction in my daily life. No need to repeat them here.

Separately, I am concerned about this. Was interpreting CPJs responses this week as a way of lighting a little fire in our guys, but now I'm wondering if there are some real issues with our team standards. We're not built like bama and fsu to overcome that with talent alone.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Without any insider info, I'm thinking back to when I was 18 & some of the stupid decisions I made. My hope for Mills & Benson is that they learn from this & view their suspension as an opportunity for personal growth.

I haven't been on Twitter today so I haven't had the chance to see if these 2 have been getting support tweets from the other players. I know that when JHD was suspended for 2 games last year there were a lot of support tweets flying around. I do know that after being very active on FB since Saturday, Dedrick has been very quiet on that side of social media today.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
uga didn't kick off Marshall. Crowell maybe? Other than his decision to play for the state daycare, Keith Marshall has shown excellent judgement so far.
He's probably talking about Nick Marshall. Keith was a good kid who should have come to Tech. I guarantee he would have had a better career playing for the good guys...at least would have won an Orange Bowl. Marcus rectified his mistake though.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Its only human to be curious, well human and feline I guess, but that clip of CPJ at the presser is about all we need to know about this situation.

Apparently the violation of team rules was not something that readily becomes public knowledge, like an illegal activity one reads about in the Athens paper all the time. Nor was it anything that looks likely to bring them to an academic or student disciplinary committee. It was enough of an issue that CPJ thought it warranted a one game suspension but also something he thought they, being young, would hopefully learn from and never have it happen again. Bigger than a breadbox but smaller than a . . .

CPJ clearly was going to respect the student-athletes privacy and the program's privacy as regards team rules. Since I know any more curiosity I have is likely to stay idle, I am moving on to excitement for the backups we get to see perform on Saturday in their stead.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad it's Mercer and not Clemson!

Skipping classes is something I did in the classes I could afford to skip. I looked at it as effective time management. If I was sure I could get an A in a class and there were other pressing things, the class got skipped. If Mills skipped a class (and we don't know what he did), it was not effective time management in this case and not something he'll do again.

Animal02

Banned
Glad it's Mercer and not Clemson!

Skipping classes is something I did in the classes I could afford to skip. I looked at it as effective time management. If I was sure I could get an A in a class and there were other pressing things, the class got skipped. If Mills skipped a class (and we don't know what he did), it was not effective time management in this case and not something he'll do again.
Skipping when an A was assured? What a luxury. I skipped if I knew I was passing in order to keep up in the Arch studio. With a studio course every quarter, that was the ONLY thing that mattered.....everything else could be caught up.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Skipping when an A was assured? What a luxury. I skipped if I knew I was passing in order to keep up in the Arch studio. With a studio course every quarter, that was the ONLY thing that mattered.....everything else could be caught up.

All about maximizing the GPA. My son did that too for some reason. :cautious: But Architorture was different, you had to show dedication in making models which were black holes for time. Studio was the raison d'etre for you?