Mills Suspended

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So RLR and crew got me thinking on another thread about this. We can obviously all look at the tape and see blown coverages, what is harder for any of us (without knowing what play and checks where called) to see is specifically who missed what assignment.

I think CPJ is a pretty straightforward dude, and struggle to believe he would go out of his way to throw shade at the staff/players, so I tend to believe his count. Either way I think we would all agree that missed plays,assignments, reads, etc happened all to often last year. I think he is venting frustration with the situation and also trying to set the behavior for the team. Sometimes hard words make stronger men.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My take on CPJ this week:

1d99abc952c188da6c78f879d59cdc47926061a6bd88a5c47b85e2a1ce7e7f50.jpg

*Ants = another 3-9 season

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
"Johnson said that the offense had 46 missed assignments in 54 plays."

I am not very good with numbers but this does not pass the smell test.

During one of the media interviews this week, CPJ said he was not in the habit of telling the media how many missed assignments the team had. Which was weird, since he has revealed that information many times in the past, and then revealed it again this week in a later interview.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This is not true. Cannabis has actions on the reward pathway as do other addictive substances. It is true that intoxication is not medically dangerous and that there is not a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Relative to many other substances cannabis is not very dangerous, but it clearly is a drug with dependence potential.
But it is illegal, except for Oregon and Colorado. :)

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
So RLR and crew got me thinking on another thread about this. We can obviously all look at the tape and see blown coverages, what is harder for any of us (without knowing what play and checks where called) to see is specifically who missed what assignment.

I think CPJ is a pretty straightforward dude, and struggle to believe he would go out of his way to throw shade at the staff/players, so I tend to believe his count. Either way I think we would all agree that missed plays,assignments, reads, etc happened all to often last year. I think he is venting frustration with the situation and also trying to set the behavior for the team. Sometimes hard words make stronger men.
I'm just happy about how bad we played and won the game, against what looked to me like a pretty good team. I'm not saying BC will win the Atlantic or nothing but I think they are gonna be a tough outing for everyone they play.

BC may not win many games but with that defense they won't get blowed out either. Their offense is not very good if it was they would contend.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So, I was just out golfing after work today and ran into some GT kids. We started chatting a bit about football and Mills' suspension came up. Evidently these kids knew what had happened. They had some FB player friends. So, naturally they told me. Out of respect for the kid's privacy I am not going to pass this info on to you all, but I will say this much, it is nothing huge to worry about. In fact, I laughed when I heard it. It was dumb and I don't blame coach at all. Rules are rules. Look, we were all in college once. In no way did the specific nature of either kid's transgressions diminish my confidence in them moving forward. I hope this gives you some peace of mind.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So, I was just out golfing after work today and ran into some GT kids. We started chatting a bit about football and Mills' suspension came up. Evidently these kids knew what had happened. They had some FB player friends. So, naturally they told me. Out of respect for the kid's privacy I am not going to pass this info on to you all, but I will say this much, it is nothing huge to worry about. In fact, I laughed when I heard it. It was dumb and I don't blame coach at all. Rules are rules. Look, we were all in college once. In no way did the specific nature of either kid's transgressions diminish my confidence in them moving forward. I hope this gives you some peace of mind.
It should because it is none of our business. Let the coaches and the leaders on the team handle it. It's over and done with. Let's play ball.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like last year. It will be interesting to see how many missed assignments happen against Mercer. It is one thing to be over matched or out played against dude you are up against but to do your assignment to best of your ability is something every player should be able to handle.
Mercer agreeing to this game proves ADs will do anything to their athletes for money.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
What a tease.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok so post what happened and then delete it, those who see it are in luck and the others, well..... To bad LOL.