Mills Suspended

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
FYI marijuana is not physically/chemically addictive...but the behavior can become addictive (similar to gambling, "sex addiction", etc).

This is not true. Cannabis has actions on the reward pathway as do other addictive substances. It is true that intoxication is not medically dangerous and that there is not a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Relative to many other substances cannabis is not very dangerous, but it clearly is a drug with dependence potential.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This sucks. I really hope this is a one-time occurrence. Mills looked like an animal at times on Saturday, and I think he could be a great player for us

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
This is not true. Cannabis has actions on the reward pathway as do other addictive substances. It is true that intoxication is not medically dangerous and that there is not a serious withdrawal syndrome.

Relative to many other substances cannabis is not very dangerous, but it clearly is a drug with dependence potential.
Like cigarettes?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It's precisely what @kg01 said: GT can't have nice things.

-GT signs one of the top 2 QBs in the country to play for one of the best OCs at the time, and Donnie Davis never gets the coaching he signed up for and his career is pretty much ruined because the powers that be decided to hire Bill f'ing Lewis.

-CPJ signs the highest rated AB (Myles Autry), and highest rated RB (Travis Custis) he's ever signed. Neither ever plays for GT.

-We get a really good QB (Vad Lee) prospect, and in the modern era of college QB gurus, Lee gets his head so twisted about what he needs to do that he transfers to a lower level because "the triple option isn't for me".

-We win the ACC, go to the OB in 2014...and promptly get it stripped because of less than $300 worth of athletic gear...which our SA self reported.

I could go on...but self immolation seems over the top...

Or you can look at other teams. Texas for example. Turned down Manzeil and Winston. Or UF. Kicked off Cam Newton. Or UGAG. Kicked off Marshall. It's not just us.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing Benson and Mills went out and had a pint in Ireland. Drinking age there is 18. Team rules: no drinking, even if you're "of age." I know when I went on a school trip my senior year to Montreal, where the drinking age was 18, I had a beer with pizza with a couple of my friends. We weren't supposed to, but we did anyway.

No, really have no idea and it doesn't matter. What matters is they learn from this and move forward.

There's no "I" in TEAM RULES !
But there is a ME

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I cancelled rivals because the website stopped accepting my password. I tried all the help links and got no where. Found a phone number on bank statement, but it was disconnected. Got me for two months w no service.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Or you can look at other teams. Texas for example. Turned down Manzeil and Winston. Or UF. Kicked off Cam Newton. Or UGAG. Kicked off Marshall. It's not just us.

Except those programs get "nice things" all the time...

Really, it's not a slam on GT. It's being a Cubs fan syndrome. Every time it feels like we have something to be excited about, along comes 2015, or B*** f'ing L****, or top recruits not making it into school, or whatever. You get the drift.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We'll see what happens with Mills. Whether it was drugs or class attendance or something else, he could be one of the SAs who learns from the experience (like MLD did in HS), or one who misses a great opportunity.