Mills Suspended

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I certainly hope so. That's not a good sign as a true freshman if it's drug related. I thought the first suspension for drugs was 2 games so it may not be.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
May not be drugs. Who knows.

But waller is amazing. Fighting for his nfl life and gives the team an excuse to cut him. Its more than dumb. Its addiction for sure
Was Waller's not for PEDs? Thought I heard that somewhere, and would make sense considering his position change to TE. Obviously dumb either way.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's precisely what @kg01 said: GT can't have nice things.

-GT signs one of the top 2 QBs in the country to play for one of the best OCs at the time, and Donnie Davis never gets the coaching he signed up for and his career is pretty much ruined because the powers that be decided to hire Bill f'ing Lewis.

-CPJ signs the highest rated AB (Myles Autry), and highest rated RB (Travis Custis) he's ever signed. Neither ever plays for GT.

-We get a really good QB (Vad Lee) prospect, and in the modern era of college QB gurus, Lee gets his head so twisted about what he needs to do that he transfers to a lower level because "the triple option isn't for me".

-We win the ACC, go to the OB in 2014...and promptly get it stripped because of less than $300 worth of athletic gear...which our SA self reported.

I could go on...but self immolation seems over the top...

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
It's precisely what @kg01 said: GT can't have nice things.

-GT signs one of the top 2 QBs in the country to play for one of the best OCs at the time, and Donnie Davis never gets the coaching he signed up for and his career is pretty much ruined because the powers that be decided to hire Bill f'ing Lewis.

-CPJ signs the highest rated AB (Myles Autry), and highest rated RB (Travis Custis) he's ever signed. Neither ever plays for GT.

-We get a really good QB (Vad Lee) prospect, and in the modern era of college QB gurus, Lee gets his head so twisted about what he needs to do that he transfers to a lower level because "the triple option isn't for me".

-We win the ACC, go to the OB in 2014...and promptly get it stripped because of less than $300 worth of athletic gear...which our SA self reported.

I could go on...but self immolation seems over the top...
When I think of good things gone bad for GT, Myles Autry is nowhere near that list.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
RW is an addict. Its as simple as that. The rationale of an addict doesn't make sense to you or me or anyone who has never experienced addiction. Saying he would rather get high than have success is unfair. I'm sure any addict would rather have success than be chained to drugs, unfortunately, most addicts don't have the means to change.
FYI marijuana is not physically/chemically addictive...but the behavior can become addictive (similar to gambling, "sex addiction", etc).

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
FYI marijuana is not physically/chemically addictive...but the behavior can become addictive (similar to gambling, "sex addiction", etc).
I'd bet that with RW, the pot use is a symptom, rather than a cause. He's a weird, messed up dude, and he self medicates with marijuana. If they treated his underlying dysfunction, my guess is he wouldn't feel like he needs the pot to cope.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Better now than later, I suppose. I really hope it isn't marijuana though because it appears most of our players that have gotten suspended for that in the past kept doing it. Waller is in the league and still can't stop.

Typically suspensions for weed are two games so I doubt it's that.