Michael Carvell

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
His tweet about Amazon Prime being almost as good as Netflix suddenly made me realize what we are dealing with here. Netflix has become close to useless. The good stuff they show takes way too long to come out. By then I have usually already watched it on something else. And their selections are 80% junk that is not worth watching.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
His tweet about Amazon Prime being almost as good as Netflix suddenly made me realize what we are dealing with here. Netflix has become close to useless. The good stuff they show takes way too long to come out. By then I have usually already watched it on something else. And their selections are 80% junk that is not worth watching.
I recently moved and got an Amazon Prime subscription and my dad is letting me use his Netflix subscription. There's SO MUCH overlap in what's available and I feel like Amazon is an easier interface to use on screen.

Michael Carvell... sparking debate & collaboration.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How much is prime every month?
It's $99 for the year, when I signed up a couple of months ago. In addition to the Amazon Prime Video (note you need to make sure it's labeled that way for it to be free), you also get access to a boatload of free music via Amazon MP3 app or website, as well as free 2-day shipping.

I've started buying a ton of things through Amazon because they're generally price competitive and you don't need to schlep it home. Everything from light fixtures to groceries to DVDs & comic books.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What's been really nice is that my Smart TV has the Amazon Instant Video app built in, so once you sign up, you log in & go.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
One day @dtm1997 is gonna walk blindly into a room. I'll be there. So will @Peacone36, @orientalnc and even @connell62 might make an appearance. @jeffgt14 and @Stinger90 will be setting up refreshments in the back and @McCamish Maniacs will be pouring @ChasonBaller a lite beer.

It'll be an intervention. @Eric will firmly put a hand on dtm's shoulder and say, "Brother ... you have a problem. You gotta unfollow Carvell and you've gotta do it right now."

This is when the cops walk in and haul everyone off. @ChasonBaller isn't old enough to drink. :D