Michael Carvell

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It'll be interesting to see if these tweet links are active in a couple of hours. He was on some late night out of his mind stuff. Nothing inappropriate, just all over the map. Figured since we had the thread, they might provide some early Sunday morning comedic relief.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Man, he is a goofball. I liked his saying he takes "offense" at being asked to provide a landline. Kind of like his constant state of high dudgeon over Gregory's (supposed) policy with regards to athletes who want to transfer. For someone who worked for Thurmond he sure is easy to offend!

More like a Scarlett O'Hara than a Rhett Butler.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He actually praised CPJ for giving Myles Autry an unconditional release...even to UGA.

Sorry, but I'm siding with Carvell on this one. SAs should be able to transfer anywhere they want, even if it's to your biggest rivals as long as nothing untoward happened to force that transfer.
Unless you're offered a 4-year scholarship. If you're offered a full scholarship for your entire undergraduate education, then the school should be able to keep the kid from playing against them. If it's year-to-year scholarship offers, there should be no restrictions, including not having to sit out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Unless you're offered a 4-year scholarship. If you're offered a full scholarship for your entire undergraduate education, then the school should be able to keep the kid from playing against them. If it's year-to-year scholarship offers, there should be no restrictions, including not having to sit out.

Pretty much what I think as well...said it in another thread.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

For someone claiming to be so pious, he's such an over-the-top hater. Truly amazing.

Last edited:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Oy this stuff is painful. Does he believe anybody out there cares about this? I have my misgivings about social media in that it is a global Hyde Park and everybody has a soapbox to get on at the same time with the world as your audience, but I really couldn't care less what Carvell says about anything that does not involve recruiting. And even then, I pay scant to his Georgia-centric postings on recruiting.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
*** HateWeek Alert ***

Dawgs in 2OT against Mercer at home. Tied at 67 with 2:30 left.

(I probably just jinxed the Bears but w/e. Figured we could use a post-Christmas gift if the dawgs fall.)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
*** HateWeek Alert ***

Dawgs in 2OT against Mercer at home. Tied at 67 with 2:30 left.

(I probably just jinxed the Bears but w/e. Figured we could use a post-Christmas gift if the dawgs fall.)

Ironically, until all the games are played and the season is put to bed for better or worse, UGA winning is helpful to us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ironically, until all the games are played and the season is put to bed for better or worse, UGA winning is helpful to us.
I doubt this game matters much to uga other than counting as a win. It would look very ugly at tournament time if it were otherwise. If we turn upward during ACC play, the UPST game could have that effect on us.