Michael Carvell

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am actually kinda grateful @dtm1997 follows Carvell. That allows me the freedom to completely ignore him while never missing the rare times he actually writes something I care to read. So, in the spirit of fairness, I want to thank dtm for anguish he has saved me over the past year. I have not read a single Carvell post regaling another uga recruit who might be visiting Alabama or USCe.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yo @dtm1997, is this guy still at the AJC? Someone on TOS posed the question so I figured I'd query the Carvell eggspert.
As far as I know. I unfollowed him on Twitter. Just in time too, because the AJC literally rebranded their recruiting as DawgNation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As far as I know. I unfollowed him on Twitter. Just in time too, because the AJC literally rebranded their recruiting as DawgNation.

He's still there. I bit the bullet and perused the site and his twitter (which still has the 'AJC' tag or w/e).

Now I need to go take a shower and read a book or two to get the stink off and to raise my IQ back to where it was before I entered DawgNation(sic).

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

well at the least the veil has come off and they are being honest now.

i suspect all the complaints about the lack of 'fair and balance' recruiting has made the change happen.

'fair an balanced' lmao.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
well at the least the veil has come off and they are being honest now.

i suspect all the complaints about the lack of 'fair and balance' recruiting has made the change happen.

'fair an balanced' lmao.
I sent an email to KS pointing out the lack of balance about 3 weeks ago.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Decided to visit his twitter feed to see if there was any thing worth a shot....

I get the business rationale for their UGA coverage, but after scrolling through about a week's worth of tweets I felt like unfollowing when I did was the equivalent of timing the market to sell at a profit right before a massive correction.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There was a time, years ago, when the AJC was a wonderful newspaper. I remember racing my brother home from school in order to get first shot at the Atlanta Journal Sports Section because my father disliked that liberal Atlanta Constitution. When I was finally old enough to have an afternoon paper route, I kept an "extra" for myself so that I could have my own sports page not yet unfolded. I still want first shot at that section and my wife knows how I feel. She gets the front page.

The likes of Carvel have diminished the AJC in ways the internet alone could not have done. Not only is his coverage biased, he is not a good writer. Even my uga friends dislike his writing. I find it easier to simply ignore whatever he says or writes.