@Miami

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I trust CJP to make the right decision at this point. Ankles are tricky. Q's strengths relative to our team are shooting, rebounding, and defense/shot blocking. All of which require ankle support. Of course there's no guarantee he's 100% for Sunday either, even by sitting.

Just food for thought. I'd be willing to increase our chances of a single L if that increases chances of W's later.
How does Tadric on the block in Q's place in the offensive rotation project against Miami? If it looks like a mismatch in Tech's favor then maybe Q can sit out.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I agree we need him in the lineup when healthy, but if he's only 75% I'm not sure that he's going to help much. We looked good offensively in the second half against BC going small. I'd like to see that again against Miami.

Yeah but looking good at home vs BC and looking good on the road against Miami are two very different things. I'd take Q at 80% tonight.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
How does Tadric on the block in Q's place in the offensive rotation project against Miami? If it looks like a mismatch in Tech's favor then maybe Q can sit out.

Haven't seen much of Miami this year myself. But Reed, Lawrence and the frosh are all good size wing players. Newton is about 6-2 I think but they are all really athletic. I doubt Jax can "out-athlete" these guys. Key here is if they don't have Huell than Big Ben can have another 17 reb game. Assume Josh O is on Reed and Corey is on Newton if we go man. Lawrence averages 7 a game but has the talent to get them 20 out of nowhere. We can win this game no doubt, but it's going to take a real strong effort from everyone. Gotta keep Reed under control he can score from anywhere on the court.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I trust CJP to make the right decision at this point. Ankles are tricky. Q's strengths relative to our team are shooting, rebounding, and defense/shot blocking. All of which require ankle support. Of course there's no guarantee he's 100% for Sunday either, even by sitting.

Just food for thought. I'd be willing to increase our chances of a single L if that increases chances of W's later.

CJP not playing Q is as likely as CPJ playing two QBs to develop experience for when the starter gets hurt.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If Q wants to play and the trainers tape it up well while agreeing that Q can play, then CJP will let Q play until it becomes a liability.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haven't seen much of Miami this year myself. But Reed, Lawrence and the frosh are all good size wing players. Newton is about 6-2 I think but they are all really athletic. I doubt Jax can "out-athlete" these guys. Key here is if they don't have Huell than Big Ben can have another 17 reb game. Assume Josh O is on Reed and Corey is on Newton if we go man. Lawrence averages 7 a game but has the talent to get them 20 out of nowhere. We can win this game no doubt, but it's going to take a real strong effort from everyone. Gotta keep Reed under control he can score from anywhere on the court.

Can't let Reed get hot from 3pt range. He can really shoot it. It seems like when he hits threes, their team plays really well.

I think that we can win this one too, but it will take a good offensive game from a secondary scoring source. Miami is going to score their share of points.

Who's gonna step up and have a big game tonight?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Can't let Reed get hot from 3pt range. He can really shoot it. It seems like when he hits threes, their team plays really well.

I think that we can win this one too, but it will take a good offensive game from a secondary scoring source. Miami is going to score their share of points.

Who's gonna step up and have a big game tonight?

Picks to click?

I'm going with JMo tonight. Not a ton of points. But he's going to either have a really good game or a really bad game given recent events. The story after either outcome writes itself.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Picks to click?

I'm going with JMo tonight. Not a ton of points. But he's going to either have a really good game or a really bad game given recent events. The story after either outcome writes itself.

It is funny you said JMO, I almost posted the same thing, but I didn't want to sound like I was making light of his unfortunate circumstances.

If he plays though, you are right, they normally play with a little bit more in those situations, and I thought he had an impact on the previous game.

The big trey he hit might get his offense (i.e. confidence) going again.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We need the Big Fundamental to play. Sounds like Pop has a decision to make with Ginobili. 'Questionable' makes me lean more toward giving him a rest game. Get healthy for the playoffs.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is this the game where both Tadric and Okogie are on fire at the same time? Hope so, and hope they carry that form the rest of the season. We are a team no one wants to play if both Tadric and Okogie can go for 15-25 pts and Lammers is his usual double-double machine.