@Miami

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My only concern with Lammers is it looks like he may be getting worn down. His first shot yesterday was a wide open FT line extended jumper and he airballed it, haven't seen that often. He does keep plugging though.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
My only concern with Lammers is it looks like he may be getting worn down. His first shot yesterday was a wide open FT line extended jumper and he airballed it, haven't seen that often. He does keep plugging though.
It does feel like he's missing those more lately, though I have no data to back that up.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He's logged a ton of minutes. I think he's definitely fatigued but not many options for us to help that until hopefully next year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
You're right. He's taking some really tough courses versus some of the players he's going against.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Quinton Stephens gives update on injured ankle
Georgia Tech forward Quinton Stephens plans to play Wednesday against Miami in a critical road matchup. Stephens rolled his right ankle in the Yellow Jackets’ win over Boston College Saturday and did not return to the game.

“It’s pretty painful right now – the swelling just came back up – but (I’ll) keep doing treatment, treatment overnight,” Stephens said before Tech’s Monday practice.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pastner gave a complete update on injuries last night during his call in show.

Q - ankle - day to day - same ankle he injured aganst ND. Sounds like he may not practice before Wednesday but I suspect Q will try to play on it.
Lammers - ankle - turned the ankle early in the BC game. Limited in practice but expected to play.
Okogie - tendinitis in the knee. Should play.
Moore - currently out in San Diego, his grandfather passed away.

ZacketJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Injuries sting more when you're a team with no depth. I think Lammers and Okogie could play with a nagging injury and still give us quality minutes over their replacements, but Stephens is one of those players that needs to be healthy to be effective. He's a skill player that isn't naturally athletic enough to overcome something that impacts his quickness and finesse, so I'd rather see him sit until he's 100% than try to play hurt and drag out the recovery.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The other thought running through my head... I'd sit Q tomorrow if playing just delays his healing process. If there's a chance Q can get near healthy with one game off and therefore gives us a better chance on Sunday and going forward, let's take our lumps/fight without him in Miami and charge hard to close the season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The other thought running through my head... I'd sit Q tomorrow if playing just delays his healing process. If there's a chance Q can get near healthy with one game off and therefore gives us a better chance on Sunday and going forward, let's take our lumps/fight without him in Miami and charge hard to close the season.
I agree, but there is no chance CJP will agree. Q wants to play and we need him in the lineup.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I agree, but there is no chance CJP will agree. Q wants to play and we need him in the lineup.

I agree we need him in the lineup when healthy, but if he's only 75% I'm not sure that he's going to help much. We looked good offensively in the second half against BC going small. I'd like to see that again against Miami.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I trust CJP to make the right decision at this point. Ankles are tricky. Q's strengths relative to our team are shooting, rebounding, and defense/shot blocking. All of which require ankle support. Of course there's no guarantee he's 100% for Sunday either, even by sitting.

Just food for thought. I'd be willing to increase our chances of a single L if that increases chances of W's later.

For those looking for how to watch the Miami game, I noticed that in Augusta at least, it's not being carried on one of the usual sports channels, but on one called Bounce TV (in Augusta, WXFG - D2). So if your cable system carries Bounce TV, look for it there.