Message from GTAA

Did you contribute to the A-T Fund? If so, how much?

• Yes

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • $1-$50

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • $101-$250

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • $251-$500

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • $501+

Votes: 42 35.3%

• Total voters

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Good stuff. Unfortunately still just a dip in the pond, but props to the AA for trying to get us set in the right direction. I still think setting up a Venmo to donate would be huge. You have to be hitting the young kids where they are so they become lifetime donors. This is coming from an old guy, get the young kids at all costs. We aren't the future of the program, they are.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So it would appear. Targeted recruiting on a wider geographical basis is a must for Georgia Tech. By "targeted" I mean identifying as the letter states particular schools that fit a profile that would suggest its athletes can do the school work and are a fit for Tech. This is a way out of the academics vs athletics problem that has vexed us for so long.
I doubt many of the SA’s in the playoffs knows what vexed means.

Deleted member 2897

So the goal is to source $300k-$500k for the first 2 years = $600k-$1M. But one dude is pitching in $200k himself. That leaves for the fundraising goal $400k-$800k.

We currently have 8,000 who give to the GTAA? If we can get 1,000 of them to give to this program, then that means $400-$800 per person. The math obviously gets more and more easy the more who give.

I suspect this is a bit of a pilot, designed to be manageable, and there is a longer list of wants behind this.

I have a call with someone there next week. We have some ideas we are going to bounce around. I hope we can make this one successful in short order and then build on it from there. Ultimately we need 20,000 people engaged and giving. It's amazing how much JUST ASKING can do. That alone was a suggestion I know a bunch of us have had.

I am more optimistic about our football program (and basketball too) than I have been in a long time. We all want 10 wins (25 in basketball), but you can't take shortcuts. You have to start building things for the long run.

Regardless of who our AD and Head Coach are 5 years from now, I hope we will all remember what these guys are doing for the program.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm raising the bets.

Here is proof of my contribution. I'm committed to GT and want us to excel in ALL venues we compete in, academic and athletic. I've been unhappy with the results we've had lately, but also willing to contribute however needed to get "Ma Tech" where I know she can be.

Who's going to up the ante?

Attachments

• 20171230_224613.jpg
    20171230_224613.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 315