Message from GTAA

Did you contribute to the A-T Fund? If so, how much?

• Yes

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • $1-$50

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • $101-$250

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • $251-$500

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • $501+

Votes: 42 35.3%

• Total voters

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
pay site at the hive. i find this divisive and problematic! yet another reason i despise the pay sights. our fan base suffers because of this us vs them mentality.
Geese it's not a big deal. They did a survey with the pay site just to get a feel for things and then decided to try it out first with the pay site. NO REASON FOR PEOPLE TO BE MAD ON HERE

LibertyTurns

Banned
Geese it's not a big deal. They did a survey with the pay site just to get a feel for things and then decided to try it out first with the pay site. NO REASON FOR PEOPLE TO BE MAD ON HERE
Everything’s easy unless you’re the guy having to do it. I like the strategy because it attacks to one of the major, if not the most major element that puts our team at a disadvantage.

That all being said the rollout, much like mis-managing coaching hirings points to an entire staff that’s ill-equipped to function at the kind of level we’d all prefer. Stansbury needs to address his whole staff because we’re either way to thinly staffed or those in charge do not have the capabilities to function at a satisfactory level in the positions they hold. This is a not a short term endeavor and I’d guess he’s got about 4-5 years of hard work ahead of him, if not more. We just didn’t arrive at this point yesterday after all.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
You realize, of course, that we will never spend like the UGA and Clemson football factories and, for whatever reasons, we don't have the recruiting cache of Miami. That's usually starting with 3 losses each year. Our realistic goal is just trying to get to above average. With those three teams on our schedule each year, think 7 to 8 win regular seasons as a goal.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm raising the bets.

Here is proof of my contribution. I'm committed to GT and want us to excel in ALL venues we compete in, academic and athletic. I've been unhappy with the results we've had lately, but also willing to contribute however needed to get "Ma Tech" where I know she can be.

Who's going to up the ante?
Awesome stuff @FrostedOrange. Hope you selected Football as the beneficiary.

gtmegafan

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m not giving a dime until this is announced publicly by GT. I shouldn’t have to pay for Rivals/JOL to have the “privilege” of donating my hard earned cash to GTAA. This whole business of announcing it through a paywalled site really irks me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a misconception about this that should be clarified. The goal in this was not to keep the effort focused on one, paywalled site. The manager of that site agreed to allow us to post a very short on-line poll that allowed us to gather information about what was important to fans/alum in this effort and also what the potential donor impact was. We decided to keep that particular poll on that site alone because it represented the purest form of focus group that one can ask for, and we more than surpassed the number of responses needed to reach critical mass from a sample size perspective (over 250 poll responses in about 4 days) and we could do it in a forum that was relatively private while we were still formulating the program. The manager of that site has been very supportive of this effort and we greatly appreciate that, but it was never structured to be exclusive to his site and he never asked for that. He is getting no special benefit from this other than the fact that an improved GT Football result is good for all of the GT ecosystem, including his site. We launched the initiative first on that site because it would allow us to test the mechanics of the donation program for a few hours first and then we were going to expand it to other sites within a few hours. In actual fact, Ibeeballin beat us to it and took it to this site and another and so we didn't need to do that. (Ibeeballin - your effort on promoting this is much appreciated, just like your prior effort on the field for GT.)

It is true that we went ahead and launched it before we had all of the backend donor mechanisms customized, but that is because we thought it made sense to get it to the audiences that we know are most passionate about GT Athletics and recruiting in particular before the EOY donation deadline had expired, even if every aspect was not yet designed to our satisfaction. I think that the GTAA did a very good job of getting this up and running quickly to allow donors who wanted to register by EOY 2017. I can tell you that Todd has instilled an entrepreneurial and supportive culture there that I have not seen since the Homer Rice days, and on the business side, ever. There will be a broader roll-out forthcoming with more enhancements to the links and donor experience.

Finally, thank you to all of you who are stepping up to the plate and backing this initiative. With your help, I hope that we will be able to announce "mission accomplished" for this important foundational investment in our capabilities in the near future. I am convinced that Todd and Paul are committed to making the right moves to take GT to the next level of competitiveness, and that is why I am backing this as one of my main "venture philanthropy" initiatives over the next couple of years. Thank you to those who have made the decision to help to create the change we want to see, and to those that have not yet, I hope you will join us soon.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
There is a misconception about this that should be clarified. The goal in this was not to keep the effort focused on one, paywalled site. The manager of that site agreed to allow us to post a very short on-line poll that allowed us to gather information about what was important to fans/alum in this effort and also what the potential donor impact was. We decided to keep that particular poll on that site alone because it represented the purest form of focus group that one can ask for, and we more than surpassed the number of responses needed to reach critical mass from a sample size perspective (over 250 poll responses in about 4 days) and we could do it in a forum that was relatively private while we were still formulating the program. The manager of that site has been very supportive of this effort and we greatly appreciate that, but it was never structured to be exclusive to his site and he never asked for that. He is getting no special benefit from this other than the fact that an improved GT Football result is good for all of the GT ecosystem, including his site. We launched the initiative first on that site because it would allow us to test the mechanics of the donation program for a few hours first and then we were going to expand it to other sites within a few hours. In actual fact, Ibeeballin beat us to it and took it to this site and another and so we didn't need to do that. (Ibeeballin - your effort on promoting this is much appreciated, just like your prior effort on the field for GT.)

It is true that we went ahead and launched it before we had all of the backend donor mechanisms customized, but that is because we thought it made sense to get it to the audiences that we know are most passionate about GT Athletics and recruiting in particular before the EOY donation deadline had expired, even if every aspect was not yet designed to our satisfaction. I think that the GTAA did a very good job of getting this up and running quickly to allow donors who wanted to register by EOY 2017. I can tell you that Todd has instilled an entrepreneurial and supportive culture there that I have not seen since the Homer Rice days, and on the business side, ever. There will be a broader roll-out forthcoming with more enhancements to the links and donor experience.

Finally, thank you to all of you who are stepping up to the plate and backing this initiative. With your help, I hope that we will be able to announce "mission accomplished" for this important foundational investment in our capabilities in the near future. I am convinced that Todd and Paul are committed to making the right moves to take GT to the next level of competitiveness, and that is why I am backing this as one of my main "venture philanthropy" initiatives over the next couple of years. Thank you to those who have made the decision to help to create the change we want to see, and to those that have not yet, I hope you will join us soon.
AMEN

Deleted member 2897

giphy.gif

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Nice post. Thanks.

herb

Helluva Engineer

Thank you for taking the time to respond and fill in everyone. I think this administration has done a lot of great things and hope, and trust, those will continue. I think it is not anger that existed, but frustration that we are FINALLY doing something, heck anything, that multiple knowledgeable fonts had been calling for and it was being hidden. (And apparently for good reason). But man, we have been wandering in the wilderness for so long, everyone was starved.

LibertyTurns

Banned
First, thanks for getting this out before EOY 2017. It was a smart thing to do as it encouraged me to up the donation as I rolled the tax benefit back into the donation so you got more. I’m sure I’m not alone in that respect.

If what you’re saying about Stansbury is accurate regarding his entrepreneurial spirit, we’re all going to be very appreciative of his time at the helm. Man, this post really got my hopes up!

Go Jackets! Piss on them mutts, today & everyday for all eternity. God Bless America and Happy New Year!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

When we argue about Coaches, schemes, and recruiting ad nausuem, I always point to the fact that, until we change the underlying systemic issues that have plagued GT Athletics and the GTAA, we are just changing the drapes on a house that needs major renovation. This post tells me that TStan gets it, the GTAA is on it, and that the changes we so desperately need are coming. Thanks for the update, and I am going to add to what I already donated last year to help the cause.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is the kind of thing that will pay HUGE dividends. I am all about protecting the academic nature of the Institute by not watering down degrees and classes. We can compete in other ways (increase staff size, salary levels, etc).

I believe in the value my GT degree has created in my life which is why I continue to donate to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Congrats on getting the job!

Couldn’t it just be because as dawgs they naturally approach each other from the rear when they get excited? That’s a great use of athletic funds. At least they save money on clothes through volume discounts on their black shirts and khaki pants