Message from GTAA

Did you contribute to the A-T Fund? If so, how much?

• Yes

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • $1-$50

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • $101-$250

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • $251-$500

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • $501+

Votes: 42 35.3%

• Total voters

herb

Helluva Engineer
Hence why i posted it here lol.

And, I really mean this, thank you. I just do not understand why it is up to you to do this. The athletic department should have a person here, if for no other reason than to have an idea what the fans are saying. Why don't they disseminate this far and wide?

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
And, I really mean this, thank you. I just do not understand why it is up to you to do this. The athletic department should have a person here, if for no other reason than to have an idea what the fans are saying. Why don't they disseminate this far and wide?

Spoke to a close friend at GTAA, and he said that they started with that board at request of the donor who made matching gift. There will be a larger rollout in the next week.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Well, maybe I’ll be that guy.

***Ibeeballin for defensive analyst****

Ha! See, that is industrious, fund-
Spoke to a close friend at GTAA, and he said that they started with that board at request of the donor who made matching gift. There will be a larger rollout in the next week.
I guess he who donates 200k is entitled to a few considerations :)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hence why i posted it here lol.
Thanks for being a volunteer marketer for the gtaa

So whose getting the alumni association mailing list. Are they all in on this.??

Are the aa regional clubs being asked to have a competition under this initiative - most giving, most per member giving = so mething like coach johnson comes to club while recruiting??
If the AA is out are we going to group giving by zip code and display on GIS. I bet houston and dallas would give atl a run.

Oh well. At least they have started.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Maybe one of the mods here could make a little bar survey/graph to set a funding goal from users/fans of this website to show our support of this initiative. It may help motivate members of this board to see how a group at GTSWARM have come together to put our money where our mouth has been and perhaps challenge other GT websites to join or out raise us. Of course everyone on here would have to be honest that they actually gave and could do so w/o revealing their name tied to the amount given. I think it could be a powerful motivator to get a "I can give some" instead of "I am not able to give enough" attitude and before you know it we have collectively raised a decent chunk of change to make a dent in a larger funding goal. The cherry on top would be the PR exposure for this site which I already think is awesome.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly what I've been saying, increasing support to staff to broaden our targeting in recruiting with more focus on fit. It does us no good to spend resources far from home if the odds are not greatly in our favor of getting a signee. Wish we were going with an IPTAY clone to pay for it, however.

I've been pushing this for months. Including sending emails to TSTAN and company. Can you help by sending emails as well?

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Love it. Wish this had been sent out more than a couple of days before year-end, but otherwise very happy to see money being raised for recruiting.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I know it’s not easy to launch a campaign but given the changes in the tax code GT has an opportunity to get people like myself off the sidelines and into the donating game before TOMORROW. I already accelerated my normal AT Fund donation for football tickets into this year because the tax deduction is allegedly going away next year. I’m glad the info got out on this latest campaign which targets the very thing causing our sports teams to struggle, recruiting. Count me in.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
TStan gets it.

So it would appear. Targeted recruiting on a wider geographical basis is a must for Georgia Tech. By "targeted" I mean identifying as the letter states particular schools that fit a profile that would suggest its athletes can do the school work and are a fit for Tech. This is a way out of the academics vs athletics problem that has vexed us for so long.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is the transparency everyone has been asking for. Now it is time to reach in those pockets

Sent in my contribution. Folks on this board have been asking for his type of communication/opportunity for years. I've read "Wish I could earmark a donation for recruiting" about 1000 times.

So grateful we have Stansbury heading the GTAA now. This drive, coaching changes, Adidas, this recruiting class... My optimism for the future of the program is higher now than it's been since the Orange Bowl. Happy New Year. THWG!