Message from GTAA

Did you contribute to the A-T Fund? If so, how much?

• Yes

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • $1-$50

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • $101-$250

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • $251-$500

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • $501+

Votes: 42 35.3%

• Total voters

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I took care of my business earlier this week, but now it's officially out there.

What a generous gift if that was indeed you that did it. We can hope it will motivate others who are able to give small or larger amounts of money towards staffing our recruitment departments. God Bless!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what the total amount of money raised is for this point in the campaign? I am certain the $200k ponied up by the anonymous donor what a big catalyst in bolstering the fundraising efforts especially if the donation was not made by the same donor who was going to match 50% of the first $400k?
Is it possible that we have already met the initial objective of $500k? Perhaps GT fans are getting behind GT financially because of the "in your face" blatant deficiencies we have in number of recruiting staff, funding, and outpacing in advancements of other colleges/universities amenities, staffing, and funding. We all know how tired we are from reading about UGA this week as the big game approaches.

Last edited:

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what the total amount of money raised is for this point in the campaign? I am certain the $200k ponied up by the anonymous donor what a big catalyst in bolstering the fundraising efforts especially if the donation was not made by the same donor who was going to match 50% of the first $400k?
Is it possible that we have already met the initial objective of $500k? Perhaps GT fans are getting behind GT financially because of the "in your face" blatant deficiencies we have in number of recruiting staff, funding, and outpacing in advancements of other colleges/universities amenities, staffing, and funding. We all know how tired we are from reading about UGA this week as the big game approaches.

Sound like this is the original donor who made the $200,000 "match-based" donation. It doesn't sound like an additional donor to me. As a matter of fact, if another donor wanted to make a large contribution, they should be pointed to donate to something different. This is a good effort to raise grassroots donations. If the entire amount is donated by some large donors, the grassroots effort disappears. I am all for getting people many people to donate smaller amounts. If 10,000 people donate even $100 a year, that would be $1 million extra for the GTAA.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What a generous gift if that was indeed you that did it. We can hope it will motivate others who are able to give small or larger amounts of money towards staffing our recruitment departments. God Bless!
No. It wasn't me that did it. I made a donation, but I'm not baller like that. I someday hope to be though, but that might be when I'm headed 6ft under.

Deleted member 2897

I just checked my point status. The information says 1/8/18 on the date on the report. I donated on 12/31. It shows my full history of donations going back several years, but there is no donation from 12/31. Checking my online credit card statement, it shows a charge on 12/31 to the AT Fund.

Does anybody else see this behavior? I'm a little worried with how screwy the forms were you had to fill out that the money would go into some black hole.

I just checked my point status. The information says 1/8/18 on the date on the report. I donated on 12/31. It shows my full history of donations going back several years, but there is no donation from 12/31. Checking my online credit card statement, it shows a charge on 12/31 to the AT Fund.

Does anybody else see this behavior? I'm a little worried with how screwy the forms were you had to fill out that the money would go into some black hole.
If you are worried about it from a tax-deduction point of view, then your credit card statement is sufficient. If you are worried about it from a Tech points point of view (or something like that), then you should call Tech.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

It usually takes a few days to show up on the report. In my experience it always has the correct date of the donation, even if it takes a while to show up. I don't have a clue how they get the information into the database. The way I read the statement, you would get 2 points per $100 for this as opposed to the 1 point per $100 for sport-specific donations. It could be that since these donations are different, they are handling them differently. They might not even have the back end set up to have a separate fund and/or accounting of donations for the matching donor. I wouldn't worry about it yet. If you don't see the donation in another week, then you might want to check on it.