Matthew Jordan out for rest of spring.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, thank you for your advice lol. As if the others aren't doing the same exact thing I'm doing. They have an opinion just like I have. As far as we know none of what our opinions are, are facts.

What is your end game with this argument? That our guys are weak-minded? That our coaches are enablers? Just trying to understand why you keep belaboring the point.

Also, I'm just a stickler for threads staying on track, especially when they involve injury news to our starting QB.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What is your end game with this argument? That our guys are weak-minded? That our coaches are enablers? Just trying to understand why you keep belaboring the point.

Also, I'm just a stickler for threads staying on track, especially when they involve injury news to our starting QB.
So, when the other guys are babbling their point why aren't you saying anything to them? And I wasn't the original person to say anything about motivation, the other guys were. Where have I even came close to saying our guys are weak minded? Or our coaches are enablers? If anything I have argued the exact opposite, go back and read my messages. CPJ said it was a competition for the QB spot and I said that means there is not a number 1 QB, others argued the fact that CPJ is just saying that to motivate them because some kids need that and that we do have a number 1 QB, if anything that would be saying the kids are weak minded because they need the motivation.(I don't believe that's what that means though) so I honestly don't get what you are trying to get at? I'll get back on the subject of the thread though.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
So, when the other guys are babbling their point why aren't you saying anything to them? And I wasn't the original person to say anything about motivation, the other guys were. Where have I even came close to saying our guys are weak minded? Or our coaches are enablers? If anything I have argued the exact opposite, go back and read my messages. CPJ said it was a competition for the QB spot and I said that means there is not a number 1 QB, others argued the fact that CPJ is just saying that to motivate them because some kids need that and that we do have a number 1 QB, if anything that would be saying the kids are weak minded because they need the motivation.(I don't believe that's what that means though) so I honestly don't get what you are trying to get at? I'll get back on the subject of the thread though.

I'll be honest, my reading comprehension wasn't phenomenal during that exchange y'all had. I skimmed a lot of seemingly looping arguments about how coach was framing the QB competition.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yea not me lol. I just think coach means what he said about it being a competition.

I understand. But I think there's a lot of credence to what others are saying about coaches being strategic in the way they word things. And just bc you word it one way re: BB doesn't mean you can't word it different re: QB.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think I'm mostly with @tech_wreck47 on this. If the whole open competition at QB is coachspeak to motivate the supposed backup QB candidates, then the backup BB candidates sure aren't going to be very motivated.

I definitely think there is more of a competition at QB than BB.

But another poster was right in saying that the #2 and #3 BB are assured of more snaps than the #2 and #3 QBs. If you have a locked in starter at BB (which we had by default once MM transferred), nothing wrong with saying it. KB and QW understand this, I would imagine. I'm sure they're still gunning for as many snaps as they can get.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

But another poster was right in saying that the #2 and #3 BB are assured of more snaps than the #2 and #3 QBs. If you have a locked in starter at BB (which we had by default once MM transferred), nothing wrong with saying it. KB and QW understand this, I would imagine. I'm sure they're still gunning for as many snaps as they can get.
That's a fair point.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I get this, I really do. My main argument with others is that there is a competition. Some have said there is a true starter and it's not a competition at all. If this were true, the players aren't stupid and they would know that imo. I do think there is a leader at this point and it's probably MJ but at the same time the reason CPJ is saying it's a competition imo is because he understands the other guys are not far off and he understands 5 months is a long time, and a player could make a huge jump and pass another guy in that time frame because the competition is so close. That imo is why he hasn't named a starter, because it would be crazy to say this guy is a starter knowing he might get passed with there being a close competition.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
It is true that we have a "locked in" starter at Bback. Nonetheless, all it takes is a hit on the knee, a wrong step, a "non contact injury" and then KB and QW will have to play. Are they ready? They need to be because it can happen at any time. This is more likely to occur at Bback than any other position but it could happen at any position any time.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It is true that we have a "locked in" starter at Bback. Nonetheless, all it takes is a hit on the knee, a wrong step, a "non contact injury" and then KB and QW will have to play. Are they ready? They need to be because it can happen at any time. This is more likely to occur at Bback than any other position but it could happen at any position any time.
Exactly and that's why the battle for #2 Bback is just as heated as for #1 at other spots.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Right, it is always beneficial that a starting player gets hurt.
Well If one player had to miss the last week of Spring practice, currently Matt Jordan who has been in the system for 3 years and has a road win against VT hurts less than say the R.Freshman center who is trying to gain experience every day.

Also with Matt resting the last six days and the spring game, it gives the three behind him more reps...it will help the staff with sorting out a pecking order...

SlawDog

Banned
MJ is a stud football playa! It's going to be interesting to watch the competition to see is going to back him up which is the important in this offense.