Matthew Jordan out for rest of spring.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This may just be a gift... Allows CPJ to see more of TQM, JJ, LJ to get more snaps to establish a no kidding pecking order behind Matt. I would think TQM or JJ moves to another spot..AB is a hunch...

Well, it just might be that Taquan, or JJ or LJ could push Matthew to the bench. On the other hand, if these guys don't get the Carpe Diem now, they might never. Competition is a good thing makes everybody better. But, if Matthew had established himself as a clear number one, then this is probably detrimental to both his development and the team looking to that first game with Tennessee. To be sure, we need that offense clicking because I don't think we can win with our defense..

So I think it is bad that MJ is hurt but he has played and it does give us a look at a number 2. My guess is that CPJ will go with two quarterbacks next season 70% MJ and 30% TM. I know this is not always best but they bring two different styles that may keep defenses guessing.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone assuming the Jordan is going to win the starting job?

Because in some ways Johnson rolls the dice, but in others he is really conservative. When it comes to QB he is the latter. Jordan's experience, even though it really isn't all that much, pretty much guarantees that he will be the starter, especially with opening up against Tennessee.

Deleted member 2897

This is another example why depth is so important. Injuries crushed us in 2015. It feels like we could suffer a similar level of injuries this year and be in a completely different situation.

Having said that, losing Jordan for a longer period of time would be absolutely devastating. He has so much experience in this system, he's a known commodity that gives us a very high floor. There may be some guys behind him with higher ceilings, so we'll now see what they might can do.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This offense requires precision timing and spacing. Nobody executes in a vacuum, they execute in concert. Same could be said of any offense, but especially ours. Success absolutely demands precision. I'd guess it's even more important for a guy who can't create plays like JeT could and often did.

That is why this absence from repetition is a really big deal. MJ has not built the chemistry yet. Nobody has. I don't feel good about this one bit.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So I think it is bad that MJ is hurt but he has played and it does give us a look at a number 2. My guess is that CPJ will go with two quarterbacks next season 70% MJ and 30% TM. I know this is not always best but they bring two different styles that may keep defenses guessing.
There was not a clear starter before the injury, and I highly doubt CPJ will go with two QB's. On a side note I wish MJ the best and hope he recovers fast!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Because in some ways Johnson rolls the dice, but in others he is really conservative. When it comes to QB he is the latter. Jordan's experience, even though it really isn't all that much, pretty much guarantees that he will be the starter, especially with opening up against Tennessee.

Very true.

Ball security matters. People just see talent but QBs in this offense need to get us in the right plays and execute the base without putting the ball on the ground too much before you can play them.

Yeah it's conservative, but it also gives you the best chance to win if you are a ball control team.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
The QB position is not set. With this news, it's not necessarily fight for #2. There is now an even better opportunity for Jay, Lucas, & Taquon to each fight for the #1 spot. The bottom line is-if any one of them gives CPJ the feeling that they give GA Tech the best chance to beat Tennessee-they will play over Jordan. Jordan has been solid for us, but far from great. He is so far from having done enough to "lock up" the starting QB job at this point of the year... We are 4-5 months out from the opening kickoff, which is a boatload of time for these kids to show what they can do. With that being said, I wish MJ as speedy of a recovery as humanly possible and that he earns the starting job. I just don't want CPJ to give it to him in April considering the fact that his advantage over the other QBs-which is experience-is very, very limited.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
The QB position is not set. With this news, it's not necessarily fight for #2. There is now an even better opportunity for Jay, Lucas, & Taquon to each fight for the #1 spot. The bottom line is-if any one of them gives CPJ the feeling that they give GA Tech the best chance to beat Tennessee-they will play over Jordan. Jordan has been solid for us, but far from great. He is so far from having done enough to "lock up" the starting QB job at this point of the year... We are 4-5 months out from the opening kickoff, which is a boatload of time for these kids to show what they can do. With that being said, I wish MJ as speedy of a recovery as humanly possible and that he earns the starting job. I just don't want CPJ to give it to him in April considering the fact that his advantage over the other QBs-which is experience-is very, very limited.
Three years of running our offense is something most people take for granted. I don't think anyone was beating out MJ

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Very true.

Ball security matters. People just see talent but QBs in this offense need to get us in the right plays and execute the base without putting the ball on the ground too much before you can play them.

Yeah it's conservative, but it also gives you the best chance to win if you are a ball control team.

I agree. It most definitely matters. I feel like many assume MJ will provide the best ball security of our 4 qbs. He may, but it should not be assumed simply because he has more experience.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I stand corrected, it was a non contact injury not a non football injury. Other sites are reporting it may be a pretty serious injury, I hope not. Matthew has worked hard and been a good team player, he deserves a shot at winning the position. Hopefully he will recover and be good to go by fall camp.

Go Jackets!

Not serious and he will be back before fall.