Matthew Jordan out for rest of spring.

Deleted member 2897

Some players react differently. Not everyone has the same personality. Imagine your boss coming to work and saying. "You never have a chance for a promotion the guy ahead of you is just so much better at the little things." How would you react? I bet you would be looking for a new job

It depends if your example is in the SEC. If that's the case, they are making enough money to stay at that dead end job. :)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Some players react differently. Not everyone has the same personality. Imagine your boss coming to work and saying. "You never have a chance for a promotion the guy ahead of you is just so much better at the little things." How would you react? I bet you would be looking for a new job
Not really a good analogy lol. I'm not saying CPJ should say anything like that. But can he not do the same thing with the QB's as he did with the Bbacks? By your analogy if a player thinks like that, won't he just leave if he doesn't win the starting job? I didn't even say anything close to having a coach tell a player you'll never have a chance to start, where does that analogy even come from?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Not really a good analogy lol. I'm not saying CPJ should say anything like that. But can he not do the same thing with the QB's as he did with the Bbacks? By your analogy if a player thinks like that, won't he just leave if he doesn't win the starting job? I didn't even say anything close to having a coach tell a player you'll never have a chance to start, where does that analogy even come from?

Because certain players get motivated in different ways. It's hard going to practice everyday knowing you won't play come game day. Qb is a different situation than b-back imo. the back up b-back knows he will still get plenty of touches. Not the same can be said at the qb position

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Everyone thinks we have a team full Rudys lol you have to remember the majority of these kids started since their freshman year of high school. It's easy to sit here and say. "I don't see how someone can't be motivated." But you're not out there in the middle of a two hour practice everyday being a tackling dummy for Saturday's.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Everyone thinks we have a team full Rudys lol you have to remember the majority of these kids started since their freshman year of high school. It's easy to sit here and say. "I don't see how someone can't be motivated." But you're not out there in the middle of a two hour practice everyday being a tackling dummy for Saturday's.

It is very hard not to get frustrated and unmotivated when you are the star and now you are 2nd or 3rd and have to sit the bench.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Because certain players get motivated in different ways. It's hard going to practice everyday knowing you won't play come game day. Qb is a different situation than b-back imo. the back up b-back knows he will still get plenty of touches. Not the same can be said at the qb position
I guess, but imo you got some thin skin if you can't come in and practice and try to win the starting job even if someone else has been named the starter, it's college football and imo we shouldn't sugarcoat things, it's a business. I just don't get the whole motivation thing if you already have a clear cut starter, what's the point. This whole thing started about if We have a true starter or if it really is a competition. If the coaches say it's a competition I see no reason not to believe it when we have no clue how good the other kids are. Some are saying MJ is the starter, and if that's the case what's the point not just saying it? JMO, but honestly none of us really know, it's just a guessing game for us.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess, but imo you got some thin skin if you can't come in and practice and try to win the starting job even if someone else has been named the starter, it's college football and imo we shouldn't sugarcoat things, it's a business. I just don't get the whole motivation thing if you already have a clear cut starter, what's the point. This whole thing started about if We have a true starter or if it really is a competition. If the coaches say it's a competition I see no reason not to believe it when we have no clue how good the other kids are. Some are saying MJ is the starter, and if that's the case what's the point not just saying it? JMO, but honestly none of us really know, it's just a guessing game for us.

BC you want everyone giving 100%. If I know I am not the starter and just a backup, I am not giving 100% at practice. Just the way it is.
By not naming one, it creates a buzz and competition.
and its April.... no need to name a starter at this point.
It's a business you are correct. Are you going above and beyond in your position trying to beat out your boss everyday? Doubt it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It is very hard not to get frustrated and unmotivated when you are the star and now you are 2nd or 3rd and have to sit the bench.
I don't doubt they need some motivation. I just don't get not naming a starter for the purpose of motivation. Fighting for that second spot should be motivation enough, the season is long and anything can happen. If you're going to do it for one position group why not for another position group that is being tackling dummies as well when they were stars in high school? None of this really matters though, we should all want the best QB on the field, and I trust CPJ will get him on the field. We just have a difference in opinion by what CPJ has said about it's a competition. I see that as meaning anyone of the guys can step up and be the starter by the first game and y'all take it as strictly a motivation thing. No matter what I hope we have a great season with whoever is the starter.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
BC you want everyone giving 100%. If I know I am not the starter and just a backup, I am not giving 100% at practice. Just the way it is.
By not naming one, it creates a buzz and competition.
and its April.... no need to name a starter at this point.
It's a business you are correct. Are you going above and beyond in your position trying to beat out your boss everyday? Doubt it.
Ok, so then answer this question, why do it with the QB position but not other positions? When it's been a clear cut starter CPJ has said who it was in the past. I honestly believe MJ would be the starter tomorrow if their was a game, but I also believe there are some other guys that are honestly close and CPJ realizes that one of those guys could step his game up in 5 months and become the starter because the race is close. Is that something that seems to impossible to be the truth? And a boss and the number 1 starter in football are two different things.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't doubt they need some motivation. I just don't get not naming a starter for the purpose of motivation. Fighting for that second spot should be motivation enough, the season is long and anything can happen. If you're going to do it for one position group why not for another position group that is being tackling dummies as well when they were stars in high school? None of this really matters though, we should all want the best QB on the field, and I trust CPJ will get him on the field. We just have a difference in opinion by what CPJ has said about it's a competition. I see that as meaning anyone of the guys can step up and be the starter by the first game and y'all take it as strictly a motivation thing. No matter what I hope we have a great season with whoever is the starter.

That's the point you are missing. Kids today that are touted their whole life, called superstars and get these star ratings in HS, don't wanna be second.
Look at the players transferring b/c they don't get playing time.. not just here bust across the NCAA. its a lot.
You are thinking with your adult brain, not a 20 year old the world owes me brain.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, so then answer this question, why do it with the QB position but not other positions? When it's been a clear cut starter CPJ has said who it was in the past. I honestly believe MJ would be the starter tomorrow if their was a game, but I also believe there are some other guys that are honestly close and CPJ realizes that one of those guys could step his game up in 5 months and become the starter because the race is close. Is that something that seems to impossible to be the truth?

Already answered that one.
BB and WR are apples and oranges.
QB is the leader of the team. It may be too close to call, who knows.
Maybe them pushing each other which only makes them all better is what he wants, who knows.

You don't understand if you have never strapped on a jock.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so then answer this question, why do it with the QB position but not other positions? When it's been a clear cut starter CPJ has said who it was in the past. I honestly believe MJ would be the starter tomorrow if their was a game, but I also believe there are some other guys that are honestly close and CPJ realizes that one of those guys could step his game up in 5 months and become the starter because the race is close. Is that something that seems to impossible to be the truth? And a boss and the number 1 starter in football are two different things.

Dude... get off it

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
At a 70/30 split? Thats what the poster talked about doing.

Sorry i missed the 70/30 part of that. I'm thinking 2-4 series per game when the game flow allows it. Behind Jordon there's essentially zero ingame experience, he's gotta get the backup and/or the heir apparent some live reps. If they move the offense well or bring something dynamic to the table like killer passing ability, or speed then maybe more.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate it for Mj that he is out, but is a great chance for others to get more reps and work. Worst case, the backups are better. Maybe someone passes MJ. Will be interesting to see mid season if the Tennessee game starter is still the starter. Sounds like we really have good depth at qb!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Already answered that one.
BB and WR are apples and oranges.
QB is the leader of the team. It may be too close to call, who knows.
Maybe them pushing each other which only makes them all better is what he wants, who knows.

You don't understand if you have never strapped on a jock.
I do understand, I actually played for a state championship football team my junior year and played QB my senior year. I also played college baseball and wasn't the full time starter, but I was motivated enough to try and beat out the other guy. Honestly though this is just us all having opinions about what CPJ is really saying, so it's not big deal. Like I said I think CPJ will have the best out there whoever it is. And we can agree no matter what we want the guys winning the games.