Mark Fox and GT

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Very unlikely.
i would be all for Pastner calling Jonas Hayes to fill a vacancy though.

FWIW, i think Crean has it in for GT a little. He has seemed miffed in some comments since GT let his buddy Gregory go.
I noticed this as well. I kinda sensed it when he did a few of our games and when he was in studio during our games. All he would do was rave about how BG brought in all the “talent” we have on our roster and never wanted to give credit JP and the staff for developing Ben or JO

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Very unlikely.
i would be all for Pastner calling Jonas Hayes to fill a vacancy though.

FWIW, i think Crean has it in for GT a little. He has seemed miffed in some comments since GT let his buddy Gregory go.

A couple of has-been coaches have expressed some level of dismay at Gregs' firing. Seems typical coach-support-coach speak.

You think Crean hates us enough to take a meh job out of some misguided revenge though?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A couple of has-been coaches have expressed some level of dismay at Gregs' firing. Seems typical coach-support-coach speak.

You think Crean hates us enough to take a meh job out of some misguided revenge though?

i think he has enough sense to think about a job in a talent rich state that has alot of money and has woefully underformed the last 15 yrs (as have we).
there is a pretty high ceiling there. They have a rich recruiting area and can get pretty much any of them in school. Once they brought Hayes and Redmond in as assts their recruiting got alot better - though Fox couldn't seem to do much with it.

i'd argue that UGA and GT are the 2 biggest under performing college basketball schools of the 21st Century.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
i think he has enough sense to think about a job in a talent rich state that has alot of money and has woefully underformed the last 15 yrs (as have we).
there is a pretty high ceiling there. They have a rich recruiting area and can get pretty much any of them in school. Once they brought Hayes and Redmond in as assts their recruiting got alot better - though Fox couldn't seem to do much with it.

i'd argue that UGA and GT are the 2 biggest under performing college basketball schools of the 21st Century.

I don't necessarily disagree. However, as I've said before, all that's been true about Uga for the last few decades yet they've always had middling results. I just won't ever be worried about them succeeding consistently.

That said, Crean could indeed be viewing them through the same lens you've presented.

Also, can we add DePaul to that all-time underachievers list?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'll be surprised if Crean takes the job. UGA would be a step down from his previous two gigs. If he takes it, I assume it's for big money or his ego just can't take sitting at a broadcast desk.

Same reason I think Uncle Fester will likely stay at ESPN and not take a lower tier job. He was an ACC HC for many years. Why would he want to go back to a lower tier job now? Different answer if UConn or Louisville comes calling. But uGA? I don't think so

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
And if DLab weren't trapped in the phantom zone, it's quite possible they'd be Jackets.

My point is, nothing they do matters. It all depends on us.

Also, wake me when they accomplish anything with all these great players they land.

Can someone please elaborate on what, exactly Darryl did (supposedly did)