Mark Fox and GT

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My belief is that the UGA admin will highly encourage whoever takes the job to keep Hayes on staff.
The secondary pleasure from hiring Hayes would be the UGA fans would be really upset a guy they love took a job with their rival.

Gtmamn61

Georgia Tech Fan

Sorry but Matta at uga doesn't scare me. He won't be there long plus, as some other twitt pointed out, he's never been at a place as hard to coach as uga is.

Can you elaborate? You follow college hoops a lot more closely than I do so I’m not arguing your point but he did have some success at OSU which is considered more of a football school like ugag. Thanks.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can you elaborate? You follow college hoops a lot more closely than I do so I’m not arguing your point but he did have some success at OSU which is considered more of a football school like ugag. Thanks.

OhioSt has had a much higher degree of success than uga. In that conference/region, particularly, their bball program carries much more relative weight.

That success pre-dates Matta's tenure. He certainly did a great job there. In fact, before the health stuff, I'd hoped he'd be on our list of replacements.

My overall point is Xavier and OhioSt were closer to being ready-made for success than uga has ever been.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
OhioSt has had a much higher degree of success than uga. In that conference/region, particularly, their bball program carries much more relative weight.

That success pre-dates Matta's tenure. He certainly did a great job there. In fact, before the health stuff, I'd hoped he'd be on our list of replacements.

My overall point is Xavier and OhioSt were closer to being ready-made for success than uga has ever been.

I have one question and it’s a serious one, what if Matta is ok with certain proclivities that Fox was not? I’m fairly certain you’re clear on what I’m talking about. Whether or not Matta took an easy job at X and Ohio St is not nearly as important as the fact that he continued to win once he arrived IMHO.