Mark Fox and GT

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I mean it does matter some. It's not good for local recruiting to get hammered back-to-back years. And yeah it's just one game on the season but it's still important. Here's hoping starting next year we get it back in our favor.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia is a mediocre team with Maten. Maten is a good player, and if uga didn’t have him I think they would have struggled to win more than about 10 games this year. Even though they have some decent guys out of HS on the roster, it doesn’t show that much on the court.

I’m still shaking my head that we lost hammonds and now Hagans to them in recruiting. We always seem to play one of our worst games of the season last 2 years against them and I’m sure it hurts us more than not with recruits.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Georgia is a mediocre team with Maten. Maten is a good player, and if uga didn’t have him I think they would have struggled to win more than about 10 games this year. Even though they have some decent guys out of HS on the roster, it doesn’t show that much on the court.

I’m still shaking my head that we lost hammonds and now Hagans to them in recruiting. We always seem to play one of our worst games of the season last 2 years against them and I’m sure it hurts us more than not with recruits.

In Hammonds case he basically admitted he had little interest in class. Easy one to lose and not really our fault

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
In Hammonds case he basically admitted he had little interest in class. Easy one to lose and not really our fault

If that was the case, I’m not sure why he even gave interest to us at all from the beginning. Seems like a waste of both parties time. But he’s been just ok for Georgia this year, but might turn out to be a good player.

We just seem to miss on a lot of GA players that end up at other ACC / SEC teams and turn out to be studs. Look at Auburn this year, despite the pearl investigation they are in the top 10...at Auburn basketball...mind blowing.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If that was the case, I’m not sure why he even gave interest to us at all from the beginning. Seems like a waste of both parties time. But he’s been just ok for Georgia this year, but might turn out to be a good player.

We just seem to miss on a lot of GA players that end up at other ACC / SEC teams and turn out to be studs. Look at Auburn this year, despite the pearl investigation they are in the top 10...at Auburn basketball...mind blowing.

Due to academic constraints we have to hit it right in order to land the top prospects in UGA

D-man44

Helluva Engineer

To be fair if Devoe was in Georgia he would be the #1 guard in the state for 2017 fwiw. I agree in state recruiting needs work but we had 3 top 100 2019 prospects visit all from georgia so maybe it is begining to turn around.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Due to academic constraints we have to hit it right in order to land the top prospects in UGA

Unfortunately it seems the academic-constraint worm that plagues our football recruiting is turning towards also impacting bball recruiting. Our playing field continues to narrow.

Funny, as it turns, you see all these SEC "schools" have resurgences in landing basketball prospects. Hmmm

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Andy Kennedy and Ole Miss are going to part ways at the end of the season.
Personally I think he's done a pretty good job there. Avg about 20 wins per year. Only 2 SEC programs - KY and FL, have won more games while Kennedy has been at Ole Miss.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The author seemed pretty confident that Fox would be gone after this season if they do not get an invite to the NCAA tourney, but I don't think that I agree with that. I feel like he has already bought himself more time with the 2019 recruits that he has committed. He can pitch the bright future that is just around the corner to his boss and keep his job for a couple of years longer. With that said, I would absolutely love for him to get fired after this season so that some of his commits, specifically Hagans, reopen their recruitment.
I’d love to see Fox get a six-year, $6 million-per-year contract that automatically renews annually.

Let the dwags see what it’s like trying to fly with a millstone tied around your neck...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think the only name of those listed that is a possibility is Forbes. Hard to believe someone has yet to give him a shot regardless of what happened at UT.

Im also waiting to see if someone gives Kelvin Sampson another run, he has done a good job at Houston.

slugboy

Staff member
Latest Bradley piece, opening talking about who should replace Fox.

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-brad...e-might-uga-turn-next/Uo4zQTeSRs4uR2ZomNDoZM/

I thought Bradley's column the day before on GT and Pastner this year wasn't insightful. I know he's the AJC college basketball expert, but I just don't give his opinion that much weight. If his analysis of the Fox situation is as shallow as what he wrote for us, maybe there's a better opinion out there to look for.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Andy Kennedy and Ole Miss are going to part ways at the end of the season.
Personally I think he's done a pretty good job there. Avg about 20 wins per year. Only 2 SEC programs - KY and FL, have won more games while Kennedy has been at Ole Miss.

Seems Kennedy has decided to go ahead and step down effective immediately.

Makes sense to me considering they've already agreed to part ways.

What a weird job that is.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The fans on their basketball are more than ready for Fox to leave. Most want to hand the job over to Jonas Hayes.