Marcus Marshall

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it because I hate when uga fans compare every running back to Hershel Walker but Marcus hits the hole just like Dwyer and is able to cut on a dime and not lose speed just like him.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
And to think of all of the poor highschool kids who had to try to tackle him last year... He certainly used the spring to beef up. He looks way bigger than his highschool film IMO

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He reminds me so much of JD. Way to early to say he will be that good but he hits the hole and makes one cut the same way! Great days ahead for the Jackets

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'm impressed, but not surprised by what I saw from Marshall tonight. That first run looked like it came straight from his high school highlight reel. This kid is definitely a B back. Needs to fix the fumble issue, but I'm sure he'll hear all about it during film review.

Overall, very pleased and excited to see more

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I am definitely not surprised about MM. I called it the second I saw his highlight tape. While everybody else was hyping Mikell Lands Davis as our best Bback recruit... I was on this kid. He is the real deal. So stoked to have both he and Skov in our backfield this year. Good start. 1-0 is much better than 0-1, no matter who you are playing against.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
MM moves in the hole as well as any young back I've seen, he's decisive and very, very fluid. I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching the video. I want to be able slow it down and really be able to watch his feet.

Oh on his fumble, he did get tomahawked. I would be willing to be that's the last time you see that happen to him. He has a very special look to him!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
his one cut and gone is like Dwyer but his footwork seems to be better. He almost glides through the line and explodes to the end zone. This is the fastest we have been in the back field in a long time. Very very exciting

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
For the life of me, I can't understand why many keep making this suggestion. A-backs touch the ball so much less in our offense than B-backs. If we have a guy who runs a 4.4 that can legitimately play B-Back, he definitely needs to stay there. That sort of weapon doesn't present itself all that often. As I've said many times before, the visions and cuts he makes after hitting the LOS are incredible.

If things don't work out at B-back, then sure, move him to A...but until then I'm going to hold out hope that the kid is a stud that can give us a big time home run threat on the first option.
Think the ABack argument has been laid to rest lol. They should be glad they were wrong though.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I am definitely not surprised about MM. I called it the second I saw his highlight tape. While everybody else was hyping Mikell Lands Davis as our best Bback recruit... I was on this kid. He is the real deal. So stoked to have both he and Skov in our backfield this year. Good start. 1-0 is much better than 0-1, no matter who you are playing against.
Right with you. I like MLD but MM stood out like a 5 star on tape. I honestly don't see how so many teams overlooked him.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
His footwork impressed me. On one of the TD dives, he dropped his feet in just the right place to keep going full speed through the hole

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Yall keep saying Dwyer, I see Marshall Faulk.
Dwyer wasnt very fast from 3 pt stance to LOS, Marcus is and that will gives him the potential to be more effective than Dwyer. I remember the holes closing a lot before Dwyer could get through them. Marcus hits the hole like Laskey but can cut, juke, take a hit and then run away. I don't wanna put too much pressure on him but I'm thrilled that he is here.