Marcus Marshall

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Dwyer wasnt very fast from 3 pt stance to LOS, Marcus is and that will gives him the potential to be more effective than Dwyer. I remember the holes closing a lot before Dwyer could get through them. Marcus hits the hole like Laskey but can cut, juke, take a hit and then run away. I don't wanna put too much pressure on him but I'm thrilled that he is here.

Two things/two cents, fwiw:
1) IIrc, Dwyer was set back farther from the LOS than any BBack since. He was quicker physically but had farther to go. I haven't looked at depth for guys this year.
2) Some of the closed holes we saw for Dwyer were on the OL

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember Dwyer backing up Choice in the home opener his freshman year. Actually went to the game to see the most anticipated freshman class that we would talk about for years. Came away thinking that he and Morgan would be special. So many people talk about track speed and football speed. I have never seen someone that is slow on the track become fast on the football field. If you are comfortable doing your thing and know what you are doing, you will play fast. If you play fast and are fast it becomes special. Both of these guys have that ability. One proven and one on the way. My hope is that all of our excitement about this kid will not cloud his head. He should know first hand from his older sibling how fragile a players career is and how blessed he is for the chance to play this great game. Good luck young man.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Excited for all the backs, especially MM and PS last night.
Loved the 2nd level blocking by the line and MM pooping through.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It's an interesting tactic. Poop your pants and nobody wants to tackle you.
It's been tried, and it worked. He got a TD on the play at least.
florida-football-player-poops-pants__oPt.jpg

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
It's just a matter of being able to evaluate one and not the other. Holyfield has been on the radar of recruiting services for a while, attending camps and seven-on-sevens and etc. MM played multiple positions at Millbrook before finally being put at his true position his senior year. I think I worked out great for us that he didn't get seen by the big recruiting services.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
M^2 has a good jersey number. 34.

Cant remember it being big deal at Tech, but has been a good number for other schools running backs.