Marcus Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
M2 and DM (the M&M BBs!) are both stylistically different type of runners.

M2 will give you big play capability after a series of smaller yardage carries, though he's starting to get better at consistently getting the medium yardage carries (OL blocking?). His carrot is that he can turn a sliver of daylight into a long house call as we saw in the last two games. IMO, he's still the most gifted runner with the football in his hands.

DM is the "power" back that consistently bulldozes his way for 3-5 plus yards, and gives you "pop" for a long gain every once in a while. He's the Laskey of BBs, but with better RB instincts. That's a good thing, especially in the redzone where DM has pretty much owned it.

M2 has almost as many yards (569 vs 578) with 27 less carries. He has a 6.5 ypc against DM's 5.1. Both are good...M2's ypc speaks to his big play capability.

Personally, watching them both has been a pleasure. If you love big plays and you're patient, M2's style will appeal to you. If you like the consistent "power" back that bulldozes his way for 3-5 yards every time and carries defenders for extra yardage, DM is your guy. In this offense where we need to stay "ahead of schedule", DM is probably going to get the nod ahead of M2...but M2 is starting to gain on DM in that regard.

Animal02

Banned
M2 and DM (the M&M BBs!) are both stylistically different type of runners.

M2 will give you big play capability after a series of smaller yardage carries, though he's starting to get better at consistently getting the medium yardage carries (OL blocking?). His carrot is that he can turn a sliver of daylight into a long house call as we saw in the last two games. IMO, he's still the most gifted runner with the football in his hands.

DM is the "power" back that consistently bulldozes his way for 3-5 plus yards, and gives you "pop" for a long gain every once in a while. He's the Laskey of BBs, but with better RB instincts. That's a good thing, especially in the redzone where DM has pretty much owned it.

M2 has almost as many yards (569 vs 578) with 27 less carries. He has a 6.5 ypc against DM's 5.1. Both are good...M2's ypc speaks to his big play capability.

Personally, watching them both has been a pleasure. If you love big plays and you're patient, M2's style will appeal to you. If you like the consistent "power" back that bulldozes his way for 3-5 yards every time and carries defenders for extra yardage, DM is your guy. In this offense where we need to stay "ahead of schedule", DM is probably going to get the nod ahead of M2...but M2 is starting to gain on DM in that regard.
I would not mind seeing both of them in the backfield at the same time.

John Knows

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Marcus is going to be moving on after this season. The UGA game and bowl game will be his last in the white and gold.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I am assuming that was sarcasm, because how could he possibly know?
It was, but I looked at his post history, and the only other time he's posted here was when he was insisting that he knew D Rob personally and that he was not coming to tech.

So, he's either one of two things, a UGA fan who guessed right, or somebody who actually does have some information. Perhaps he does, in fact, Know.

It was, but I looked at his post history, and the only other time he's posted here was when he was insisting that he knew D Rob personally and that he was not coming to tech.

So, he's either one of two things, a UGA fan who guessed right, or somebody who actually does have some information. Perhaps he does, in fact, Know.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.