Marcus Marshall Transferring

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Didn't seem to hurt Dwyer, Dwyer could still be in the league if he could've gotten his personal life together. Days and Laskey had chances as well although they probably weren't talented enough to be running backs I the league. Poor excuse in my mind.
I think Laskey's still hanging around in the league on the Rams as a FB on their practice squad

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The comments won't load on my PC. Any chance on getting synopsis?
"I asked a player in one of my classes and the consensus is that he a) doesn't want to split carries with our freshman Dedrick Mills and b) he doesn't want to block/play the option scheme (yes we exclusively run the ball, but tailbacks are crucial to the blocking in the triple option)."

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
"I asked a player in one of my classes and the consensus is that he a) doesn't want to split carries with our freshman Dedrick Mills and b) he doesn't want to block/play the option scheme (yes we exclusively run the ball, but tailbacks are crucial to the blocking in the triple option)."

If that's the reason (bolded) Then why even come to school at Tech? its not like Tech changed the Offensive scheme in the last 8 years

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Maybe these are all just ways to try to put something into words that is just a feeling of "this isn't where I want to be or where I think I'll reach my potential"

I transferred colleges (into UGA) after my 2nd year of school and had some canned responses as to why but really they were shells of just the feeling that I needed a change to fully accomplish what I wanted.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
MM seems to have the talent that will succeed especially if he goes down a level. Has this ever worked out for a player from Tech? Just curious. I guess Vad got what he wanted but didn't end up in the NFL. Vad may have been more due to his injury.

You think if Vad never came to Tech and played 4 years at a FBS school (and remained healthy), he would have had NFL chances? Curious.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Going to be missed. I like DM, but MM is a more talented runner. He will be missed. I had hoped he would become more like Dwyer.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just got home from work and found out from my friend who is a ugag fan. Hoped it was a sick joke. Does he not realize Mills is on very thin ice?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I like DM, but MM is a more talented runner.
I disagree entirely. Mills has shown he is a better between the tackles runner with a tendency to find a hole even when one is hardly there. He can also run over people and fall forward for a few extra yards. Marshall has shown the ability to explode through larger holes and make people miss and take one to the house every now and then. Both are obviously great skillsets to have as a tandum but Mills won the job and it's not only because of blocking.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
First and foremost im a Tech fan! So thanks for the memories and next man up!! That being said let's not forget Xavier Gant is lurking as well. Best of luck to him...we will be fine
I'm sorry but a 170 lb aback is not going to replace a 210 bback espescially one that has lead the team in rushing for 2 yrs..