Marcus Marshall Transferring

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Seems he is making a big mistake but it is his call and I hope it works out wonderfully for him. It's a big loss for us and I hope Mills doesn't have any more "missteps".

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to Marshall. We go with Mills, Quaide and Benson with MLD moving back a possibility. Plus already a BB committed in this year's class.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Coincidentally, he "stepped up" at the same time that he got any significant playing time during his 5 years here. The other guys were good to very good, but he was great, the kind of game breaker we don't get all the time.
This is all 100% speculation in hindsight.

Sorry, wasn't clear. DAYS rarely fumbled. MM had some issues.
Days had huge fumbling problems which kept him out of playing time at AB.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I posted a comment on another board so I'll say it here too. I played JUCO and D2 hoops. Being a SA is hard as hell and I can't imagine being one at Tech. I'm sure he has his reason to leave but when I was in school we had a few kids leave during my 3 years. 2 during and 2 after the seasons. I can tell you not on of us had any respect for the few that quit with games still on the table. It was more along the lines of get the F out of our locker room, weight room or practice facility. You quit on us, we quit on you. I appreciate what he did his 2 years at Tech but I cannot respect quitting on your teammates. Bring the attention to yourself after the season. There's a time for that and it's not during a season. GT or any other school. I hate when kids bail with games to be played.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I posted a comment on another board so I'll say it here too. I played JUCO and D2 hoops. Being a SA is hard as hell and I can't imagine being one at Tech. I'm sure he has his reason to leave but when I was in school we had a few kids leave during my 3 years. 2 during and 2 after the seasons. I can tell you not on of us had any respect for the few that quit with games still on the table. It was more along the lines of get the F out of our locker room, weight room or practice facility. You quit on us, we quit on you. I appreciate what he did his 2 years at Tech but I cannot respect quitting on your teammates. Bring the attention to yourself after the season. There's a time for that and it's not during a season. GT or any other school. I hate when kids bail with games to be played.

Actually, he played hard all the way through the season and then quit at the best time. It's better this way for the team because the bowl practices are basically an early spring practice. What Vad did was terrible, he kept JT from valuable experience.

MM did the best thing here, and played his heart out against UGA to boot.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
You find a place for an athlete like that.

Unbelievable how different a perspective two people can have on the same situation. I would argue that CJP went to uncharacteristic lengths to make sure that Synjyn was on the field. He first played him at QB. When he got beat out, CPJ moved him to AB. When we needed depth at BB, he moved him there. The one constant was that CPJ was trying to find ways to get him on the field.

It is also funny to me that you argue CPJ wasn't giving him enough snaps when, at the time, half the fan base was furious that Lasky was forced to split snaps with him at all (at least until the UGA and Orange Bowl games). From my perspective, CPJ has been pretty good at not "playing favorites," but by playing the guys who give us the best chance to win. This was also shown by Marshall getting the most snaps against UGA after he won his job back in Mills absence.