March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That game was quite similar to the Tech-UGA game once Mich ST woke up after the first 5 min. UGA did a good job rebounding - they are really going to miss Thornton and Djurisic next season. Mich St FT shooting weakness almost cost them in the end. 12 pt lead with 2 min to play and it got down to 4. (11-19 on the day).

Since the change to the rules last season Fox has really changed how they play offense. They really put the ball in Mann and Gaines hands and tell them go to the basket and draw fouls. They have been one of the highest producing teams at the FT line in the country the last 2 years. You have to stop their dribble penetration and force them to shoot jumpers.

I never thought UGA was likely to win that game unlike alot of the local guys. GT has beaten UGA 4 straight playing a poor brand of Mich ST basketball. Even though this is probably Izzo's weakest team in the last 5-6 yrs, it is still much better than GT.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Been a pretty typical day after a big upset day. Always seems like one is an upset day and one goes relatively according to plan.
Belmont gave UVA a very good game before UVA closed the door late.

Wichita St and IND was very entertaining. Sets up a great game to watch on Sunday between Wichita St and Kansas (who has refused to play Wichita St for years.)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Currently driving from OKC to Myrtle Beach and listening on the radio just waiting to chime in with:

" Izzo must have gotten his gzmeplan from CBG"

As it looked like MSU might blow it

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heck only 8 FT's taken that whole game. L'ville got away with a clear foul in the closing seconds as once again a ref swallows his whistle. That type of stuff annoys me. If its a foul in minute 1, its a foul in minute 39.

Ben Jacobson's team looked fantastic against Wyoming. They just squeezed the life out of them. They don't play fast, but they execute so well at both ends of the floor. Very hard to score against and they play about as well as any team i've ever seen against set defenses.

Barring the biggest upset in Tournament history ACC will advance all its teams to the round of 32.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Heck only 8 FT's taken that whole game. L'ville got away with a clear foul in the closing seconds as once again a ref swallows his whistle. That type of stuff annoys me. If its a foul in minute 1, its a foul in minute 39.

Ben Jacobson's team looked fantastic against Wyoming. They just squeezed the life out of them. They don't play fast, but they execute so well at both ends of the floor. Very hard to score against and they play about as well as any team i've ever seen against set defenses.

Barring the biggest upset in Tournament history ACC will advance all its teams to the round of 32.
If any one is capable of losing to a 16 seed it would be Duke.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wait...does Wisconsin have an all white starting 5?! I mean, not that there's anything wrong with a starting 5 that hustles, has sneaky athleticism, and has great fundamentals...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
All higher seeds won today. Only Dayton remains as a possible lower seed to win. Of course today was the day I picked upsets... Stupid Buffalo and UC Irvine.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Every upset I picked didn't happen and I had Prov, beating Oklahoma.

Buffalo, East. Wash, SFA BYU to s16. Never gave Iowa St. a 2nd thought all the way to the S16

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Archie Miller now 5-1 in NCAA Tourney. He does have an advantage getting to start this Tourney with effectively 3 straight home games (1 in home arena and 2 in Columbus an hour away).

ACC gets all 6 teams to the 2nd round. Big10 5, PAC12 4, BE 4

Among the conference that struggled in round 1 - B12 got 3 of 7 through, SEC got 2 of 6, A10 got 1 of 4