March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was a great game to end the day and for once ND won it with defense. Butler held that ball for most of the last 3 min but couldn't get one score to win and ND survived the 2 big unforced TO by Auguste. That game and the UNC/ARK game where both great viewing games for completely different styles. Connaughton was ridiculous on defense the last couple of minutes. Also condolences to Mike Brey who lost his mother yesterday.

ACC and PAC12 both have 3 though to the Sweet Sixteen. SEC an Big East are down to their final teams. Today the Big10 has 4 teams playing, B12 and ACC 3., Missouri Valley 2.

One other note, the top 7 teams in terms of percentage of shots taken from 3-pt range in the Tourney are all gone (Nova was one of those 7). It is so hard to be a primarily 3-pt team and advance - on off night and you are usually gone.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but I hope Izzo doesn't ask CBG's advice about how to play Virginia...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NC State played their best game of the year and ESPN seems stuck on writing about Villanova choking again. Just another reason to be happy they are not getting any revenue from March Madness.

Go ACC!!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Was anyone ever really sold on UVA being a real threat to get to the FF?

My UVA buddy was ranting about how UVA chokes in the postseason. I told him to switch his allegiance to GT...we havent' made the postseason in forever so he wouldn't have to worry about the inevitable tournament letdown.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Might deserve its own post but I'll post here... The ACC winning is good financially for GT. Per the Washington Post each tournament game results in the NCAA giving $1.67M to the winning conference. That sum is paid out over 6 years.

$1.67M divided by 15 ACC teams equates to $111K to GT. With 6 first round wins for the ACC, GT has already earned $668K, or $111K per year.

Imagine what we could do with all the extra cash.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-money/
chump change to Pee Blewitt

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, at least there's no I in team. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of I's in Virginia. Just ask Darion Atkins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...n-a-few-other-guys-on-the-team-202528909.html
Q: You played so well in the first half. Did you feel like you were alone out there at times?
A: To be honest, yeah, I felt like I wanted it more than a few other guys on the team. I felt like I tried to rally everyone together and bring everyone together in the second half than the first half. It was just a little bit too late to get things going.
That's that senior leadership you want in the foxhole. Nah, I know it was an emotional loss for the guy but still, that's pretty crappy to say. Much better players have performed much better in games where they've lost but didn't turn on their teammates.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, Wichita ST shows Kansas who has the best program in the state as long as Marshall is there. His teams are so tough as nails. Another early Tourney exit for Self. Has to be hugely satisfying to the Shocker fans who Kansas has refused to play for over 2 decades.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, Wichita ST shows Kansas who has the best program in the state as long as Marshall is there. His teams are so tough as nails. Another early Tourney exit for Self. Has to be hugely satisfying to the Shocker fans who Kansas has refused to play for over 2 decades.

Very true. Once I saw where KS may match up with Wichita I knew there was no way the Shockers were losing that game.