March Madness Group

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I feel bad for Cincinnati. They are playing so well and just can't close the gap any. I don't see a team beating UK unless they go crazy from 3. Only way to possibly beat them.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Might deserve its own post but I'll post here... The ACC winning is good financially for GT. Per the Washington Post each tournament game results in the NCAA giving $1.67M to the winning conference. That sum is paid out over 6 years.

$1.67M divided by 15 ACC teams equates to $111K to GT. With 6 first round wins for the ACC, GT has already earned $668K, or $111K per year.

Imagine what we could do with all the extra cash.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-money/

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Xavier ends GAST season. That is Chris Mack's Third Sweet Sixteen in 5 trips. Very impressive.
GAST shot 56% and lost - mainly because Xavier shot 69%. love how Mack's guards play.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I just wanted to pose a question to the board. Which team has shown you the most during the first couple of rounds? We can keep it going through each round as it unfolds. At this time I've been very impressed by Georgetown. Didn't hear alot about them during the season so I'm pleasantly surprised at how they have handled their business so far.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Xavier ends GAST season. That is Chris Mack's Third Sweet Sixteen in 5 trips. Very impressive.
GAST shot 56% and lost - mainly because Xavier shot 69%. love how Mack's guards play.
Yea that was a super high shooting % against that Defense. Very impressive by coach Mack. Man wouldn't be nice to steal him from Xavier next year.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
My future school went down....... :-/ it was a great run! RJ Hunter needed someone else to step up with him, and it just didn't happen. I think if Ryan Harrow was in and healthy, Ga State would be in the sweet sixteen right now. This tourny run should give them some new found interest from recruits. Ron Hunter is a coach with a lot of passion and down to earth. He is someone I would want to play for!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
As for Mack, I like his offense and the type of players he has recruited. Even tho that big dorky white guy annoys me. The only thing that would bother me if Mack came to GT is his........face. Just bothers me :) with that said I would gladly have Mack at Georgia Tech

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Aaaand Nova goes down. Typical live by the 3, die by the 3 game. They made it interesting at the end at least.

Meanwhile, ACC flexing their muscles?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is Mack a candidate anywhere? If GT doesn't have two albatross contracts would he consider us given the MBob connection?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NCSU takes down Nova. First ACC team to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Hopefully alot more to come.
As mentioned, the farther ACC teams go the better it is for GT. I used to root against some ACC schools in the tourney - but I have done a 180 on that the last couple of years. Listening to SEC all the time i've come to realize the PR value of rooting for conference mates even of I don't like them. More importantly - it can be worth millions of dollars to the conference for the teams to win since it shares the NCAA money.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC State won...

giphy.gif

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Speaking of that Nova/NC State game, for the sake of being dtm downer...

We recruited both Arcidiacono & Barber and despite a family connection, Trevor Lacey turned us down twice (HS & transfer). Recruited Bee Jay Anya too, I believe.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He was rumored to be a candidate at Wake (where he was an asst with Prosser) and TN last year. The big issue here is he is at his alma mater. Would he leave it. At this point it would also take a very large contract imo. I'm thinking at least $2.2M to even have a conversion. He's building a very impressive resume in his time. 3 Sweet Sixteens in 5 NCAA's and 6 seasons total is really impressive. He recruits really well and wins alot more than he loses.