March Madness Group

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, another reason not to play against Izzo in the Tourney. Despite having his weakest group of kids in over a decade (based on their composite HS ratings), he is in his 7th Sweet Sixteen in the last 8 seasons. He is a really tough out in the Tourney and always seems to have his team playing its best ball in March. I don't care who they are playing against I never pick against Izzo before the Sweet Sixteen.

I think Wichita St will beat ND next week - I just don't trust ND's defense - despite how well they used it against Butler. That could set up a rematch of Wichita St and KY - which would be fun to watch. Remember last season that KY put the only blemish on at that point an undefeated Wichita St's season. How much do you think they would like to return the favor.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well, Wichita ST shows Kansas who has the best program in the state as long as Marshall is there. His teams are so tough as nails. Another early tourney exit for Self. Has to be hugely satisfying to the Shocker fans who Kansas has refused to play for over 2 decades.
Wich St toke it to KU tonight. I am OK with that, even though it took another of my Final Four teams.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, at least there's no I in team. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of I's in Virginia. Just ask Darion Atkins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...n-a-few-other-guys-on-the-team-202528909.html
That's that senior leadership you want in the foxhole. Nah, I know it was an emotional loss for the guy but still, that's pretty crappy to say. Much better players have performed much better in games where they've lost but didn't turn on their teammates.

Wow...that should get him a run through "the tunnel" in the dark lockerroom on his way out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Glad Louisville (+2.5) pulled the upset last night vs. UNI even though that was probably the final straw for my bracket. Thanks a lot UVA (-5), you had the easiest path the Final 4 if you could get past MSU. Not sure whether UVA is a bad postseason team or just a team with bad luck facing Izzo two years in a row.

ND is an early dog (+1) vs. Wichita State. I've got Wichita State in my bracket, which is about the only thing left I can hang my hat on, but it's time to pull for the ACC and ND. Never been a Mike Brey fan, but he's earned some points in my book this weekend, especially in light of his personal loss.

Tremendous showing by the ACC with an NCAA record-tying 5 conference teams in the sweet 16. Just wish Louisville/NC State didn't mean one team has to leave. Only two ACC teams favored to advance - Louisville and Duke.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My bracket is officially canned after UNI lost. That was probably the best I’ve seen Louisville play all year. At least now I can pull for who I want so I’m all in on Wichita St now. I think from now on I’m going to advance Michigan St and Louisville to the Sweet 16 no matter what and then work my bracket out from there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Remember that is over 6 years - so right now like $250K a yr for 6 yrs. But we need anything we can get

The irony would be amazing if Wichita St got to play KY this year and beat them - giving them their only loss - when it was KY who gave Wichita ST its only loss last season.
Got to imagine Wichita ST will be very focused on beating ND to get that opportunity.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Remember that is over 6 years - so right now like $250K a yr for 6 yrs. But we need anything we can get

The irony would be amazing if Wichita St got to play KY this year and beat them - giving them their only loss - when it was KY who gave Wichita ST its only loss last season.
Got to imagine Wichita ST will be very focused on beating ND to get that opportunity.
I guess we know where MBob is now getting half of his Cost of Attendance money for the next several years.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer

It is over 6 years but it's guaranteed and you know that it is coming in advance. So that goes a long way into knowing what you can afford and not afford.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This WichitaSt team is impressive. Got absolutely out-played early but have walked ND down to make it a game.