Man, USF REALLY took it out of me

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Jesus, guys. Y'all ever seen Tech lose a game before?

its not just that. Its the late bombardment of injuries and attrition of top talent (just at BB alone its eye opening); on top of not winning a road game in over a year, on top of consistent and crappy sp teams play, 2 out of 3 losing seasons, what seems to be a consistent and constant repetition of the same exact mistakes over and over on both units, and maybe worse and finally, what seems like losing a game, while up double digits in the second half, 4th quarter, or having a lead with less than 2 minutes left, and losing; and losing ALOT in this fashion. Not once. Like 4 times plus a year. Then USF happens and rips open all that again. And we have no business losing. Fumbles, INTs, awful decisions, boneheaded coaching, boneheading playing, lack of focus in the end. Its literally putting a gun to your head stuff.

I think its all of that for me; not just a simple loss in a vacuum. But thats what makes us fans.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back to 2014, one can can see a lot of similiarity.

Start off ok. Not as happy as desired. However, W / L are OK. run into a two week issue of “WTF”. The “world” swears the sky is falling.

The Team responds and basically a runs the table.

Let us see what will happen this year. Believe that a lot of good things will happen!

THWG!

That is all.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh look, somebody hooked up a live feed into this thread ...

group-cry.gif

(Had to be done.)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Tech football reminds me of my own golf game. Given the opportunity to play, I look forward to it ... and I will play really well for 3, 4 maybe 5 holes. But I just wait for the inevitable BLOW UP hole. And that's what defines my round.

The Jackets can play tremendously and beat Bama ... and lose the next ten games. We're never been consistent ... but it is fun. A friend of mine watched Orange Bowl and asked, "Holy Cow. Was that Tech?" "Yes, I said, for a very brief moment in time ... it was. And it was glorious."

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I love college football, I like GT, and I enjoy rooting the team on, but man, last week was as disheartening to me as any game I can remember that didn't involve UVa.

Like, the kicking issues, the defensive issues, the inability to recruit/keep/avoid the injury bug on even a mediocre passer.

I really thought maybe this year would be different. I thought "FINALLY, an attacking defense that won't get bled dry down the stretch", and FINALLY ONE DAGGONE KID whose high school tape didn't look like a DB playing QB, and maybe a kicker without a bum groin and not named Butker. FINALLY, an OL that isn't a patchwork quilt of walkons and underclassmen.

But nope, LJ can't stay healthy.
Nope, TQM still looks like a DB throwing the ball.
Nope, Oliver is apparently (somehow) even worse.
Nope, the defense got run through down the stretch.
Nope, multiple kick returns for touchdowns.
Nope, EVERY offensive lineman is somehow hurt in the 2nd game of the season (how is that even possible? Do we just run around dropping anvils on or OL's feet during practice all year long?)

I can't even bring myself to get up about Pitt.

It sucks.

Zima and some rigorous man-love will pull you through this bro

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Here's one for the Geek in all of us.

Has anyone stared at the scoreboard like I have and seen the National Championship Years of 1917, 1928, 1952 and 1990? Before the games, I often stare at those numbers and for some reason, I found a strange pattern in them, almost as if they represent some kind of Fibonacci sequence. (Don't try this at UGA.)

So, here it is. The years 1917, 1928, 1952 and 1990 are separated by 11, 24, and 38. But ... like a good Fibonacci series .. the differential of the number in and of itself are 13, 14, and 15! In other words, in each year that we won a nattie, determine the gap and add the next integer in the sequence, and it's a national championship year.

By my calculations, we should win a National Championship in 2043. I feel this is Nobel Prize Worthy material.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I can't even bring myself to get up about Pitt.

It sucks.
If you are not going to drink try a few of these to pass time by not watching football

1) Take your wife shopping to the Mall
2) Go to a wedding so we can talk about you next week.
3) Read the Swarm chat during the game and drink a beer for every 10 times someone talks bad about the defense.

Now these don't take long but they can pass time ( the more beer you drink the more you can enjoy them)
4) Flush the toilet mid pee and race the toilet to see if you can finish before it does.
5) ( Now your wife may not like this one but you did take her shopping ) See how for away you can get taking a pee and keeping it in the toilet.

These are only a few if you need more ideas let me know. Or just watch a romantic comedy alone but don't tell us.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I have not missed watching a game in years, but I may take a break for a week. The USF game just seems like a continuation of last year. Defense and special teams looked horrible. Listened to CPJ show and was not real impressed with what he had to say...seems like the same old script. Thought Oliver should have stayed in the game, but it is what it is. Hope the guys beat Pitt, but I may have to sit this one out.

JCTNJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, I couldn't look at the on line stories or message boards about Tech until today. I just didn't want to relive the loss. Game was won and we pulled a 2017 re-dux and threw it away. Can't imagine Pitt feels much better, being gutted by their in state rivals last week. So I will pick myself up, plan appropriate interesting beverages, and watch Saturday. If it gets ugly, I will jump in the pool and drink harder. I will say I think 2 or 3 of the WR's for USF will be playing on Sundays for big $.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Has anyone stared at the scoreboard like I have and seen the National Championship Years of 1917, 1928, 1952 and 1990? Before the games, I often stare at those numbers and for some reason, I found a strange pattern in them, almost as if they represent some kind of Fibonacci sequence. (Don't try this at UGA.)

So, here it is. The years 1917, 1928, 1952 and 1990 are separated by 11, 24, and 38. But ... like a good Fibonacci series .. the differential of the number in and of itself are 13, 14, and 15! In other words, in each year that we won a nattie, determine the gap and add the next integer in the sequence, and it's a national championship year.

By my calculations, we should win a National Championship in 2043. I feel this is Nobel Prize Worthy material.

I figured I would have cashed in my chips by then but your post has me considering clean living, eating right and exercising. I want to see the next one. Even if I am back in diapers.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Not good. I’ll be 70 and social security and Medicare will be bankrupt. If my 401K doesn’t hold up I might be living under... Never mind. We can’t wait that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Actually in the F series the next number is the sum of the previous 2 numbers starting at 0,1 and going as 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13..etc.. ; but ONE CAN SEE the newly discovered VESPIDAE Squence hidden on the BDS screen!! We have hope!

Dr Vespisae, can you look closer within your series and predict when we will beat Duke 4 out of 5 . I fear that too will be 2043!

As an aside
I was writing a course for h s youth class on fibonacci in the bible and in nature. I googled "college class fibonacci" and got hit on Stanford but it was to complicated. Then I added" made simple" and got a book by a uga prof. It was very useful as I needed it to been on a high school level.

Off season assignment for AE87 and Dr Vepidae
Study the "numbers God uses or instructs for building " in the Books Genesis, Exodus, Numbers and see if u see the F series.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I took the loss way too seriously. But. I’m a Tech fan and that’s what we do. After a few days I have simmered down.

I took a deep breath. Now I’m ready to see how we play against Pitt. Granted, if we lose the game with our signature Georgia Tech 4th Qtr Meltdown, ill be right back where I was last weekend.

Football season almost sucks. Almost.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm tired of people bashing TQM, specifically when talking about his ability to throw the football. If you can't see that there is a marked improvement between him last year and this year, idk what to tell you. He went 9/18 on Saturday, which is right at the 50% mark everyone has been clamoring for. If you really break down what he did on Saturday, I thought he threw the ball pretty well.

1. Complete - 18 yd pass to Qua Searcy
2. Complete - 81 yd pass to Clinton Lynch (TD)
3. Complete - 9 yd pass to Clinton Lynch
4. Incomplete - pass to Jalen Camp (3rd down screen pass - low, bad throw)
5. Interception - bad throw at the end of the half trying to make something big happen
6. Complete - 21 yd pass to Clinton Lynch (picks up big first down - first play back after taking TO out)
7. Incomplete - This was a pitch that was actually forward so it counted as a pass attempt
(Another pass here that was complete for first down yardage, but got called back for holding)
8. Incomplete - Throw away, under extreme pressure
9. Interception - Hit as he threw

These are the throws before the last drive of the game - note that of the 5 incompletions, 1 was an interception where he was hit, 1 was a throw away, and 1 was actually a forward pitch. Really only 2 bad throws that I would squarely put on him.

10. Incomplete - pass to Brad that was broken up, on target but nice play by DB
11. Complete - 21 yd pass to Qua Searcy (probably his best throw of the day, evades pressure and delivers a strike)
12. Complete - 6 yd pass to Brad Stewart
13. Complete - 6 yd pass to Nathan Cottrell
14. Incomplete - overthrew Brad
15. Incomplete - overthrew Jalen Camp on curl route short of the sticks
16. Complete - 13 yd pass to Malachi Carter
17. Complete - 8 yd pass to Jalen Camp (short of the sticks)
18. Incomplete - shot at the endzone

I would really put 4 out of 9 incompletions on TQM, and classify them as bad throws. If you go back and watch the film objectively, I thought this was one of his best games throwing the ball.