Man, USF REALLY took it out of me

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean. This is how you do it. Fake console a dude so you can dig him harder about the UVA Zima deal, drop a few witty TIC jabs at the fencers, hit us with a great gif, and then go all out with some button hiding Wayne's World. Just Wow..
Well Done. Tiger Woods may not yet be fully back, but @kg01 is in true post season form!

Guys, guys, be gentle. Remember @ilovetheoption a recovering sabre-rattler. He's still in the process of developing that steely resolve you need to be a Tech fan.

ilove, I suggest you step away from the Zima for a while. It ok. Don't be cry.

Fc9elLu.gif

On a serious note, I've had a little steam let out of my balloon but like buzzz said, it's Thursday. I'll be oiled up and ready by Friday nite, baybee!!!

ETA:
my-body-is-ready1.gif

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I love college football, I like GT, and I enjoy rooting the team on, but man, last week was as disheartening to me as any game I can remember that didn't involve UVa.

Like, the kicking issues, the defensive issues, the inability to recruit/keep/avoid the injury bug on even a mediocre passer.

I really thought maybe this year would be different. I thought "FINALLY, an attacking defense that won't get bled dry down the stretch", and FINALLY ONE DAGGONE KID whose high school tape didn't look like a DB playing QB, and maybe a kicker without a bum groin and not named Butker. FINALLY, an OL that isn't a patchwork quilt of walkons and underclassmen.

But nope, LJ can't stay healthy.
Nope, TQM still looks like a DB throwing the ball.
Nope, Oliver is apparently (somehow) even worse.
Nope, the defense got run through down the stretch.
Nope, multiple kick returns for touchdowns.
Nope, EVERY offensive lineman is somehow hurt in the 2nd game of the season (how is that even possible? Do we just run around dropping anvils on or OL's feet during practice all year long?)

I can't even bring myself to get up about Pitt.

It sucks.

Hate to say it. But in your ballpark too. I am getting worn out with gt football of late. Ugh

MidtownJacket

Staff member
All in all though I am feeling the post Wednesday Game Week Buzz boys. After reviewing the tape (I could only bring myself to watch a single showing of the full speed replay and only went back on a few WTH plays) I feel better than I expected to about TQM's ability to pass. I did think he had the capability to be better than he showed against Alcorn State, and in the game against USF he proved it. The only thing we learned is that in this early of a new Defense we can't win a barn burner with two starting Defensive players sitting on the bench, after having spotted the opponent 14 points in ST snafus.

We beat Pitt by 21+ this week.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I mean. This is how you do it. Fake console a dude so you can dig him harder about the UVA Zima deal, drop a few witty TIC jabs at the fencers, hit us with a great gif, and then go all out with some button hiding Wayne's World. Just Wow..
Well Done. Tiger Woods may not yet be fully back, but @kg01 is in true post season form!

gyw.gif

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I love college football, I like GT, and I enjoy rooting the team on, but man, last week was as disheartening to me as any game I can remember that didn't involve UVa.

Like, the kicking issues, the defensive issues, the inability to recruit/keep/avoid the injury bug on even a mediocre passer.

I really thought maybe this year would be different. I thought "FINALLY, an attacking defense that won't get bled dry down the stretch", and FINALLY ONE DAGGONE KID whose high school tape didn't look like a DB playing QB, and maybe a kicker without a bum groin and not named Butker. FINALLY, an OL that isn't a patchwork quilt of walkons and underclassmen.

Nope, EVERY offensive lineman is somehow hurt in the 2nd game of the season (how is that even possible? Do we just run around dropping anvils on or OL's feet during practice all year long?)

It sucks.

In the words of the late, great dwag humorist, Lewis Grizzard, they ripped my heart out and stomped that sucker flat..

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
2014, we had lost two striaght to Duke and NC......people were writing off the season....Laskey was hurt..........even when @ Pitt and up 28-0 in the 1st.....there were plenty of nay sayers and doom and gloom. Look how that season turned out,

I was one of the doomer and gloomers. Each week I expected a loss as we beat good team after good team. Option teams are historically stronger in the second half of seasons as the precison of the offense often reaches new heights.

This year we are so deep on O....despite injuries at QB and BB in the two deep we still have some horses. Eager to see Kenny Cooper come back. That's a good player right there...he should really help us and we look to have decent OL depth. Pleasantly surprised at WR. Camp, Stewart, Carter, & Dolphus are a good bunch.

On D I think the newness of it plus the hurry-up had us slanting in the wrong holes vs USF. Plus losing two starters to BS targeting calls really hurt. So there is lots of capacity to grow on that side of the ball.

ST's and especially PK & P &K coverage are huge concerns though.

ETA: Gotta stay reasonably healthy though!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

It sucks.
Funny about TQM, his high school highlight tape I don’t remember one pass play on it. ???

I also thought LJ would be able to come in and put a lot more pressure on the defense to play honest.

Next year we should definitely have a lot better passer at the helm (LJ, Graham, Yates) unless Tobias wins the job.

Oh what could’ve been if Jaylend Ratliffe hadn’t have had that atv accident.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Whoever said it previously, said it best in my opinion. Last year was a season that felt very different from any other season we have had under CPJ. This year, unless we beat a really lousy Pitt team convincingly, feels the same.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

It sucks.

I have put in bold what I think your biggest error in hope and optimism was located. A different style defense will not cover up talent weaknesses on D. Attack or not attack, you have to have big guys with fast motors..... We still do not have enough of that in our front 7, in my opinion. This belief that a "system" on D can make enough difference is frought with error, in my opinion.

slugboy

Staff member
On defense, I feel a little better hearing how much we were screwing up our assignments. It sounds crazy, but if the players were doing the right thing and just getting whipped it's harder to overcome. At least, I hope it's easier for them to learn which calls go together and which way to slant on each call.

To make so many errors in all three phases of the game against a decent team and still be in the game at the end is kind of impressive. If we can just start doing the right things.

It'll take a while to rekindle the "CFB Playoff Fever" though.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
On defense, I feel a little better hearing how much we were screwing up our assignments. It sounds crazy, but if the players were doing the right thing and just getting whipped it's harder to overcome. At least, I hope it's easier for them to learn which calls go together and which way to slant on each call.

To make so many errors in all three phases of the game against a decent team and still be in the game at the end is kind of impressive. If we can just start doing the right things.

It'll take a while to rekindle the "CFB Playoff Fever" though.
It's a hard thing to switch to a new defense

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was bummed pretty bad Sunday and Monday. Not so much just because we lost, but more because we lost yet another game that could have gone either way and we looked like the better team for so much of the game. Then I put it behind me very briefly before hearing about Benson. Then I was bummed all over again. I think his big play potential from the B will really be missed.