Louisville Postgame

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We had a bad team with a "HC" that was an imb***** with an equally id**** OC whose OL coach happens to be our current HC. We all blamed the OL woes on the other 2.

We're no longer anywhere near as bad as when the imb***** and the id*** were here, but our OL has at best been inconsistent. Not saying the other 2 are not 100% culpable, but there's one thing that has been consistent & it's that we're inconsistent. We're more consistent, but we still have long periods of head scratching play. We're GT, we're supposed to be smarter than we are talented & figure out how to do more with less. We're doing more, but with way more. That's not the GT way.

I don't know why. Our HC seems like he's doing the right things, our OC seems to be competent & our new OL coach seems equally competent.

Maybe we're just still 3 years away and the guys we're recruiting now are the foundation to right our ship. 3 more years is a long time to wait. I'm patient but I'm also old. I might not be able to find my car by the time we start being good again.

Ugh, beat dook. I hate dem bastards.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
But at the end of the day, on the plays that mattered most we called our lowest-success plays.
late in the game when we were down a score and driving. On a particular first down I told the folks I was watching the game with that I didn't care what play we ran just as long as it wasn't a designed QB draw. It was and we lost three bc that is the play we run on first down. The insistence on running the ball on first down exclusively is reminiscent of the old Pat Nix and some of Bill Curry's OCs days.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
King made a really bad play that flat out cost us 7. Aside from that I was generally ok with the way the offense executed everything that was called. The calls on short yardage situations continue to be snuffed out by the opposition. They send 6 when we are blocking with 5 and we lose. I think the problem here is that we are predictable.

That aside - Key had a bad game today. You can’t kick on 4th and 1/2 and then go on 4th and 3. That makes no sense. Generally speaking I feel like the team came ready to play but suffered at our coaches lack of in game adjustments on offense. It was frustrating to watch.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The funny thing is if we had won our coaching would have called a great game and the half of the people on here would say we will win the ACC. I think the defense played a good game their rushing was worse than ours or as bad. As far as our OL maybe will build them up too much after the first game. I still think we are headed in the right direction; I remember before the season half the people on here said with our schedule if we finish 6 and 6 we would be lucky. I still trust our coaching staff the players didn't give up they got beat on some plays it happens.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This was a tough one… I’ll support Key and will continue to trust the process. However, he’s got to take responsibility for the horrible game management in the 4th - Calls a timeout on 4th and 14 just to run out a 49 yard FG try that even if he got off cleanly, we all know he wasn’t going to make it. Punt it, pin them back deep; especially after they just made a dumb play in their own end zone.

Lastly, not bringing your big quarterback or going under center to get 1 yard. Thats on Key and his trust for this OL that got pushed around today.
The going under center is a myth. How did it work out for Louisville on their own goal line. Oh right, a safety.

When an offense plays out of the Gun all the time going under center is asking for problems.

Now if the OL actually blocked someone it would help!

Gtsidewalkfan1

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a sidewalk fan because it takes a special individual to actually care about their education while playing football for the Institute. I respect that. I do understand the challenges of being a fan of GT. I do believe we can be a great team. It is hard to pull for a team that is inconsistent on the regular. It is not easy. I am surrounded by people who ask the same question all the time. Why are you a GT fan? Nothing good in life is easy. I wait tables for a living and barely scrape by. I am a season ticket holder even though I really can not afford it. One of the reasons I pull for GT is that the WINs are so much sweeter than most football factories in CFB. I could pull for a team that wins 10 games every year but it would make me a lazy fan. I'd love to see GT reach those heights but GT keeps me humble. I'm appreciative of all you GT fans. God bless us. I've had too much to drink. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Buster is drunk on his own kool-aid. He calls a head scratching game. Haynes has covered some of the bs coming from oc. The OL is a freaking joke. Geep is a good recruiter I guess, but his ability to get 5 guys to bow up and best the guy across from him is piss poor. This was game the better team lost. The better coached team and the team that valued the ball more won. Damn
The better team won sadly.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The going under center is a myth. How did it work out for Louisville on their own goal line. Oh right, a safety.

When an offense plays out of the Gun all the time going under center is asking for problems.

Now if the OL actually blocked someone it would help!
Yale did a study and 82.8% of under center QB sneaks converted on 3rd/4th & 1 compared to 63.4% of other type running plays. Maybe they're just perpetuating the myth? I think a lot of it has to do with how tough your QB is but it's hard to question either one of the 2 guys we might use. They're plenty tough.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Things are never as good or as bad as they seem ... CPJ

Trust that key will make the right adjustments during the bye.

I think one thing is clear, we still have a ways to go to correct the rottenness from TFG. We are on the right path, either way . Both coaches and players have a lot to improve on

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is year 2 of a rebuild from the ground up. We are trending in the right direction. We just played a team that has played half the games as us against easy competition coming off a bye. This was always going to be weird and an uphill battle. Write it off
When Key took over most people said it would take 4 years to turn the program around. Looks like they were right.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
We had a bad team with a "HC" that was an imb***** with an equally id**** OC whose OL coach happens to be our current HC. We all blamed the OL woes on the other 2.

We're no longer anywhere near as bad as when the imb***** and the id*** were here, but our OL has at best been inconsistent. Not saying the other 2 are not 100% culpable, but there's one thing that has been consistent & it's that we're inconsistent. We're more consistent, but we still have long periods of head scratching play. We're GT, we're supposed to be smarter than we are talented & figure out how to do more with less. We're doing more, but with way more. That's not the GT way.

I don't know why. Our HC seems like he's doing the right things, our OC seems to be competent & our new OL coach seems equally competent.

Maybe we're just still 3 years away and the guys we're recruiting now are the foundation to right our ship. 3 more years is a long time to wait. I'm patient but I'm also old. I might not be able to find my car by the time we start being good again.

Ugh, beat dook. I hate dem bastards.
We’re definitely a better football just gotta find a way to win these close games on the road. Go out and take this loss out on Duke! We’ll be okay we’ve had 2 tough losses.