Louisville Postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is it really such a hard concept to stop running the ball if it’s not working?! It felt like we were getting 10-15 yards per pass but would turn to running the ball just because “wE HavE to Be BAlanCed in OFfEnse.” This was such a frustrating game because everyone but the coaching staff knew what needed to be done to win. I’m so disappointed
I hate to say it, but so am I.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My exact thoughts. If I’m Pyron I’m pissed after this one. If I’m King I’m pissed after this one. How hard is it to lineup under center with Biggers playing halfback? Philly has shown everyone it’s not a complicated play. Strong QB being pushed by DLinemen works.
The only problem I see with that is if Pyron stumbles and Biggers falls on him, it will take five guys with shovels and a crowbar to dig him up.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Hard to blame anyone other than the one that can make the final call… the head coach. Love Key, but this one’s on him.
Key certainly has input, and it may be that he’s mandated we run the ball tween the tackles.
Not good, though, if he’s micromanaging his OC. But I’m sure they have a high-level plan of how they want to do things.

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
Buster is drunk on his own kool-aid. He calls a head scratching game. Haynes has covered some of the bs coming from oc. The OL is a freaking joke. Geep is a good recruiter I guess, but his ability to get 5 guys to bow up and best the guy across from him is piss poor. This was game the better team lost. The better coached team and the team that valued the ball more won. Damn

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
This is year 2 of a rebuild from the ground up. We are trending in the right direction. We just played a team that has played half the games as us against easy competition coming off a bye. This was always going to be weird and an uphill battle. Write it off
One could also argue that we were the classic trap game for Louisville who will be facing a ranked ND next week ina game with huge implications for the playoffs for both teams.

That being said I wouldn’t take the result to mean much for the coaching unit just yet, being early in the season early in the career. It’s only Key’s 2nd full season and sophomore slump is a term that exists for a reason. (In coaching I think it’s usually because you try and build on the things that went well in the first season as opposed to adding too much new but those are precisely the things your opponents also prepare for).

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think there was too much “lucky to be close” here. Plenty of luck going the other way. Plenty working throughout the game.

But at the end of the day, on the plays that mattered most we called our lowest-success plays.