Louisville Post Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs is the reason we won tonight. Several guys played well, but we don’t win if he’s not on our team.

Sims played much better and is going to be really good.

Our RB room is so deep and I love it. Like that Smith got in the endzone at the end.

Our defense is garbage. Some of you are being too nice. I will credit them fro stripping the ball out and creating turnovers. Outside of that and a few pressures late, it was bad. Felt like Roof was back with all the 3rd and longs they picked up. I had no confidence when they were in the field.

But I don’t want to harp too much on it because I’m pumped! For the win, but also the future. Can you imagine what Sims and Gibbs are going to look like in 2 years?

Go Jackets and THWG!

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Outside of the drive where Louisville pinned us inside our 10 and Patenaude called 3 straight run plays up the middle (seriously what was this bull****?) I was happy with this playcalling. Overall it was pretty decent. The only thing we are missing is throwing deep with Sims.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Really proud of the guys for staying in this game and pulling away at the end. I was really worried again at 21-7.

offensively, we have made so much improvement from last year. Obviouslywe still have some things to work on, but it’s actually enjoyable to watch our offense this year when we aren’t turning it over.

Defensively, it’s so hard to tell if we aren’t very good, or we just don’t have the players, or some combo of both. We look so slow in regards to overall team speed (I.e cAnt make plays in space, get blown by in coverage, etc) but we made up for it tonight with the turnovers and still giving great effort in the 4th quarter.

i feel like we made adjustments on D, but they were still moving the ball at will for the most part without the turnovers. It’s crazy to think our offense is actually more of the strength than the D after last year.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Outside of the drive where Louisville pinned us inside our 10 and Patenaude called 3 straight run plays up the middle (seriously what was this bull****?) I was happy with this playcalling. Overall it was pretty decent. The only thing we are missing is throwing deep with Sims.
I still think with a freshman QB it was ok

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Our defense is garbage. Some of you are being too nice. I will credit them fro stripping the ball out and creating turnovers. Outside of that and a few pressures late, it was bad. Felt like Roof was back with all the 3rd and longs they picked up. I had no confidence when they were in the field.
Our offense was amazing this game, no one can deny that! However, 100% this. Our defense was atrocious, outside of the turnovers, missed tackles and way too many converted 3rd and longs. Every time our defense hit the field I held my breath and took a sip of my drink.

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought we were heading for a third straight crap show just about half time but we scored that quick TD and came out and played a completely different second half. I was happy to see the effort and execution in the second half. We still have a lot of issues but we have a chance to be a pretty decent team if we can build on this one.

Go Jackets!
It looks like we may be a second half team. Crappy 1st half and then a different game the 2nd half. Is Mason going to come back soon? If he does, then we will has 1,2,3 punch running game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
On the Gibbs run it really wasn’t a move that sprung him it was his speed coupled with a bad angle by the defender. Huge play and ordinary backs do not make it. He’s probably our only back that makes that play. Mason and Smith just drag the defender along and probably only get 5-10 more yds.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I still think with a freshman QB it was ok
That's true, I wasn't expecting him to call something where Sims was required to throw, but at least try running it to the outside. 3 plays running up the middle? Really? It was poor play calling in my opinion, way to conservative.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Well we all know what is most likely to happen against Clemson next week, just don’t want anyone to get hurt. Enjoy this win and get back to a good practice Sunday. Would like to see Tyson meiguez and more freshman get playing time against Clemson next week.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Well we all know what is most likely to happen against Clemson next week, just don’t want anyone to get hurt. Enjoy this win and get back to a good practice Sunday. Would like to see Tyson meiguez and more freshman get playing time against Clemson next week.
Even before this game against Louisville I was predicting us getting the ball first and scoring on a lucky play making it 7-0, then we get a turnover against Clemson on their first possession where we score another TD making it 14-0. Think last year where Tre Swilling got 2 INTs against Trevor Lawrence.

I think we shock Clemson and can somehow hold a lead until the 3rd quarter and then it remains a close game with Clemson likely winning. But I don't think Clemson annihilates us, last year the first half of the game we lost 100% because momentum, between the refs and just unlucky circumstance. It was also at Clemson.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1602300399691.png