Louisville Post Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

slugboy

Staff member
That was a gorgeous run. I don’t even remember how he got the ball, but I remember how he finished

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

A little bit off topic, but the “under the lights” caption got me thinking. Does anyone know what Tech’s record is in night games at Bobby Dodd over the last decade or so? BDS isn’t the biggest stadium, and it’s not always sold out, but I feel like something special almost always happens when those lights come on in Atlanta. I honestly can’t remember the last night game at home that Tech lost. I feel like Tech’s record in night games on the road is probably better than our average winning percentage as well.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Great team win. The Defense came up big.
With that said, plenty of room for improvement:
Special teams. Have they ever been this bad?
3rd and long. Seems like this has been a problem for decades.
Better blocking. Every team could say that.
By special teams you mean FG unit? The rest were fine.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
More than that, they entered this game 14th out of 15 ACC teams in 3rd down conversion rate at 34% and they got 53% against us (even with the late stops). Our interior D line and our LB play did not impress, and the secondary left many guys wide open. Thank goodness they produced the TO's...that was a saving grace! (And they DID manufacture them, those weren't poor choices by L'ville, we stripped the ball out.)

Without the +3 TO differential, they would have clearly scored mid 30's against us. And that from a team whose offense is fair at best. If the middling' teams in the league can score mid 30's against our D without those TO problems, it put enormous pressure on our young QB to score on every possession.

If we can't find some answers on D, we are likely to lose the next 5 games (Clemson, @BC, Notre Dame, Pitt, @Miami), leaving us with two reasonable chances for wins at the end of the season (vs Duke and N C State) in our quest to improve on 3-8.

I surely hope I am wrong and this team makes me eat my words.
The like is because you're right... Not because I like the facts.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Love the picture post more when you get them
IMG_20201009_185943.jpg
Coming out of the tunnel

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
He’s a good back who’s not quite got the speed of Gibbs nor the between the tackles prowess of Mason or Smith. There’s nothing wrong with grinding out 3-4 yds per carry.
Agreed.

The "quick twitch" skills of Gibbs to be able to make defenders look bad with his side step is really something only a few have had in history. He almost reminds me of Barry Sims with this quick side step leaving the defender staring at his shoes. Jamious is a good back who runs with forward lean, so like you said, he won't be a back that has many TFL's. But, I don't believe he has the special quickness or high end speed of Gibbs.