Louisville Post Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice game, big win for the players hard work, they deserved that win.
Sims looks so smooth and looking comfortable in the pocket.
RBs all solid, Gibbs is unreal for true fresh but I also like Griffin and Smith a lot. Also Hawkins from Louisville is awesome RB. We saw some awesome RBs tonight.

i could go on as so many players were awesome.
DL played awesome in 2nd half
Johnson was solid on OL

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Louisville is pretty bad offensively, and for us to give up so many yards, TOP, first downs, and especially to alllow them to be above 50% on 3rd down coversions is embarrassing. And does NOT bode well for the rest of this season.

Offense much better than last year. Defense is not.
Are they that bad offensively? I mean Pitt shut them down but Pitt is probably the best front 4 in the ACC. They were scoring on Mijami but couldn’t get the ball back without another 7 on the scoreboard.
The defense didn’t have a great game stats wise but turnovers are as good as a 4 down stop imo. 6 points in the second half, and even those were debatable on two uncalled fumbles.

Mihalak

Georgia Tech Fan
I told my wife that I would be ok if we played a clean game and lost and just got beat by a better team. The last two games were so frustrating because if we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties and turnovers, the outcome could have been different. We played a clean game and WON

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Louisville is pretty bad offensively, and for us to give up so many yards, TOP, first downs, and especially to alllow them to be above 50% on 3rd down coversions is embarrassing. And does NOT bode well for the rest of this season.

Offense much better than last year. Defense is not.
Defense is showing flashes, but the imprimprovement on O is tied to finding a major improvemenr on QB who makes everything else run better.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That Gibbs kid is just .... different.

I mean, yeah he pushed the pile 10 yards downfield on that last run.

But did you see him juke past the first tackler? It looked like a bad edit on an 80's video tape where you lost like 3 seconds of action then play resumed.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Amazing how much better the outcome is when the other side turns the ball over.
FIFY. That was the difference; they lost three fumbles. The two sides were pretty evenly matched, just as I expected, but you can't win a game like that when you insist on giving it away.

Still, I was pleased to see that we came out of the locker room and played better in the second half. We had most of our penalties - they outdid us there too - in the first, but settled down in the second.

More anon after I see the full stats.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Ho-leee-shnikies

Loved so much of what we did tonight. Jahmyr Gibbs is "that dude".
Sims did well but also has so much room to grow.....of course because he's a true freshman.
I was initially disappointed with the D early in the game. I felt when they went for it on 4th and 7 late in the 2nd quarter that was pretty disrespectful but...they converted so it was warranted I guess. BUT I will say I thought #6 played a pretty good game from what I remember. I much more remember him making a play than I do remember him missing it.

Love the win. Did not expect us to break 40 points but love that we did. F'in awesome man. F'in awesome man.