Louisville Post Game

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know what the sideline interference penalty was about? The ESPN coverage didn't even mention it. Next shot of the sideline, CPJ was laughing his $$$ off with a few of the players. It was meaningless by that point in the game, but still curious what CPJ did.

But the refs were pretty obnoxious (to both teams) last night. Pretty sure the one ref purposely "didn't see" Pertrino when he was trying to call a timeout before half. (After Petrino had been b&&&&ing at the refs all quarter. Best explanation I've seen for Qua's penalty was the ref is a uGA grad and the leap "triggered" him.
I think Qua was flagged for throwing/spinning the ball down. That's all I could see.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think Qua was flagged for throwing/spinning the ball down. That's all I could see.

Yeah I rewatched like three times to try to find a penalty there. He spun the ball, but not at a player then purposefully walked AWAY from the players and to the corner. It was a BS call unless something happened off camera. He specifically celebrated not taunted.

They cut to CPJ and he didn’t seem to be upset so I suspect he also thought it was garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

It was the spin of the ball. Unfortunately that is explicitly stated out in the rulebook.

After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately
must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot.
This prohibits:
(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the
field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve
it.

Now the fact that it seems to not be consistently enforced and is, partially at least, a bad rule is another issue.

Question though: What the heck was that play on defense when it was 3-10. We had 3 D lineman standing around and the other 8 were back 10 yards from the LOS. Trick play I get it but it was a pure invite to run the ball, which they did and got a first down........Throw that D call away.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I rewatched like three times to try to find a penalty there. He spun the ball, but not at a player then purposefully walked AWAY from the players and to the corner. It was a BS call unless something happened off camera. He specifically celebrated not taunted.

They cut to CPJ and he didn’t seem to be upset so I suspect he also thought it was garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It worked out ok for us though. Davis backed up the returner and we tackled him at the 20.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
That was a great game guys! When the 3O is firing on all cylinders, it is the prettiest offense to watch. Also, anytime Loserville gets a beat down is a good day in my book.

I enjoy following you guys and hope to make it to the Duke game as we play Tulsa that friday. (USF fan)

What is the best source for affordable tickets?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Question though: What the heck was that play on defense when it was 3-10. We had 3 D lineman standing around and the other 8 were back 10 yards from the LOS. Trick play I get it but it was a pure invite to run the ball, which they did and got a first down........Throw that D call away.

A lot of NFL teams do it. Stand up everyone and put 5 defenders at the sticks 3 deep. Problem was our DL didn’t get in there gaps our back 5 didn’t come up and make the tackle. Most teams would do this a couple DEs and LBs not 3 DT sized players

GT_EE78

Banned
always great to get a win but it sure looked like another blowout against Bowling State and Acorn Green. It confirmed what we already knew that TM can be a great runningback. wonder why no work on passing? It still feels like last year so i'm expecting an upset win over duke,VT or Miami and a loss to either UNC or Va. looks like there's a chance to get up to being 6th or 7th best in acc ( and with only 12th to 14th level talent, that could enable CPJ to eek out another contract extension). No worries about change tho,the 19 recruiting class looks to have a lock on one of those coveted 10th to 14th rankings so CPJ can over achieve again.For now i'm just hoping to see that upset in the DUKE game and maybe something positive over what's left of season, but i'm not going to let this win get my hopes up.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
always great to get a win but it sure looked like another blowout against Bowling State and Acorn Green. It confirmed what we already knew that TM can be a great runningback. wonder why no work on passing? It still feels like last year so i'm expecting an upset win over duke,VT or Miami and a loss to either UNC or Va. looks like there's a chance to get up to being 6th or 7th best in acc ( and with only 12th to 14th level talent, that could enable CPJ to eek out another contract extension). No worries about change tho,the 19 recruiting class looks to have a lock on one of those coveted 10th to 14th rankings so CPJ can over achieve again.For now i'm just hoping to see that upset in the DUKE game and maybe something positive over what's left of season, but i'm not going to let this win get my hopes up.
Alcorn State and Bowling Green had better defenses than Louisville;):cool::D

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It was the spin of the ball. Unfortunately that is explicitly stated out in the rulebook.

After a score or any other play, the player in possession immediately
must return the ball to an official or leave it near the dead-ball spot.
This prohibits:
(a) Kicking, throwing, spinning or carrying (including off of the
field) the ball any distance that requires an official to retrieve
it.

Now the fact that it seems to not be consistently enforced and is, partially at least, a bad rule is another issue.

It really didn't look like he intentionally "spun" the ball. Didn't get down and spin it like a top, or anything. He immediately dropped and it spun around for a second. The rule is supposed to cover using the ball as a "prop" in celebration. Can't believe that's normally called for a penalty. Referring to the above, he left it at "the dead-ball spot" and there was no distance for the "official to retrieve it". Should't apply, but whatever. Refs were in d****e mode last night.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It really didn't look like he intentionally "spun" the ball. Didn't get down and spin it like a top, or anything. He immediately dropped and it spun around for a second. The rule is supposed to cover using the ball as a "prop" in celebration. Can't believe that's normally called for a penalty. Referring to the above, he left it at "the dead-ball spot" and there was no distance for the "official to retrieve it". Should't apply, but whatever. Refs were in d****e mode last night.
The officials did a horrible job in last nights game:mad: It was such a blowout that they couldn't help Louisville:LOL: