Louisville Post Game

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
always great to get a win but it sure looked like another blowout against Bowling State and Acorn Green. It confirmed what we already knew that TM can be a great runningback. wonder why no work on passing? It still feels like last year so i'm expecting an upset win over duke,VT or Miami and a loss to either UNC or Va. looks like there's a chance to get up to being 6th or 7th best in acc ( and with only 12th to 14th level talent, that could enable CPJ to eek out another contract extension). No worries about change tho,the 19 recruiting class looks to have a lock on one of those coveted 10th to 14th rankings so CPJ can over achieve again.For now i'm just hoping to see that upset in the DUKE game and maybe something positive over what's left of season, but i'm not going to let this win get my hopes up.

:cry::cry:

Can we not just enjoy the win without this kind of crap.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Coach Bobby seemed subdued. He specifically stated that we did nothing that was surprising and they made every call they had: the stack 3 look, the 8 man front, the inside linebackers, etc Did they run the "Taco Bell" formation with two linebackers off the tackles and one middle linebacker deep? Personally, I think they would have been better off running an 8 man front and be done with it but the way Tech's line was blocking it would not have mattered. When you are getting blown off the ball like that, the Xs and Os are pretty much beside the point.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
can't argue with that, i just don't know how well the L- defense compares to others. I sure don't remember other games when the OL was so dominant. aannouncers called out a few blocks including the A backs getting downfield or perimeter.

Let's get something straight. Talent is not an issue with Louisville. They have more talent, lots more talent than either Bowling Green or Pitt.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Coach Bobby seemed subdued. He specifically stated that we did nothing that was surprising and they made every call they had: the stack 3 look, the 8 man front, the inside linebackers, etc Did they run the "Taco Bell" formation with two linebackers off the tackles and one middle linebacker deep? Personally, I think they would have been better off running an 8 man front and be done with it but the way Tech's line was blocking it would not have mattered. When you are getting blown off the ball like that, the Xs and Os are pretty much beside the point.
They played the Taco Bell defense because they played like shytt all game:cool:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Petrino................come out after halftime and they held the ball 8 minutes...............kinda of says it all don't it? :D

I don't know about anyone else but I thought their only real chance was to force a three and out at the start of the third quarter and see if they could score quick to put pressure on Tech. The absolute worst thing for them was what happened. The patented Death March not only made it a three touchdown lead but their offense was in a do or die situation after having to stand around for nearly 8 minutes. For all practical purposes, I felt you could stick a fork in them at that point.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about anyone else but I thought their only real chance was to force a three and out at the start of the third quarter and see if they could score quick to put pressure on Tech. The absolute worst thing for them was what happened. The patented Death March not only made it a three touchdown lead but their offense was in a do or die situation after having to stand around for nearly 8 minutes. For all practical purposes, I felt you could stick a fork in them at that point.

That's exactly what Petrino was saying. The opening drive of the 2nd half just took all of what wind L'ville had coming out of the halftime