Louisville Post Game

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen anyone mention this, but has TQM introduced the art of commit to keep, reversing commit to keep, then pitching the ball?

Saw him do it a few times. He'd keep the ball, attack the LOS for a couple of steps, back up, then pitch.

ABs would go for chunks of yardage after the pitch.
Yes he played at great game .

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Nate Woody will bee studying the Georgia Tech-Louisville game film all day today and all night tonight to try to figure out what the heck to do to really make his defense much better for the rest of the season.

RiseUpATL

Banned
Also to note as I rewatch this, why when we attempt to tackle, do we dive in front of the ball carrier and try to use the arms to tie up the feet? Why don’t we square them up and wrap up? I don’t understand the dive and feet thing. That’s why we never tackle in open space. We just tackle low and often times off target.

slugboy

Staff member
Also to note as I rewatch this, why when we attempt to tackle, do we dive in front of the ball carrier and try to use the arms to tie up the feet? Why don’t we square them up and wrap up? I don’t understand the dive and feet thing. That’s why we never tackle in open space. We just tackle low and often times off target.

Their wide receivers and back up QB have great quickness and can embarrass defenders. The players who squared up got blown by.

We do have a lot to work on for scrambling defense and pass defense. The late sack was sweet though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody know what the sideline interference penalty was about? The ESPN coverage didn't even mention it. Next shot of the sideline, CPJ was laughing his $$$ off with a few of the players. It was meaningless by that point in the game, but still curious what CPJ did.

But the refs were pretty obnoxious (to both teams) last night. Pretty sure the one ref purposely "didn't see" Pertrino when he was trying to call a timeout before half. (After Petrino had been b&&&&ing at the refs all quarter. Best explanation I've seen for Qua's penalty was the ref is a uGA grad and the leap "triggered" him.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know what the sideline interference penalty was about? The ESPN coverage didn't even mention it. Next shot of the sideline, CPJ was laughing his $$$ off with a few of the players. It was meaningless by that point in the game, but still curious what CPJ did.

But the refs were pretty obnoxious (to both teams) last night. Pretty sure the one ref purposely "didn't see" Pertrino when he was trying to call a timeout before half. (After Petrino had been b&&&&ing at the refs all quarter. Best explanation I've seen for Qua's penalty was the ref is a uGA grad and the leap "triggered" him.

I think CPJ was laughing because CAM threw the flag back at the ref.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Another thing I don't think has been mentioned -- the bad blood between PJ and Van Gorder. You may remember that in that short time Van Gorder was the head coach at Ga Southern, he pissed all over the traditions established by Erk Russell and PJ. PJ really didn't like that. I suspect PJ was snickering all game long at the thought of given VG's defense an unrelenting beating.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Demetra/Bedford broadcast mentioned something about ref knocking CPJ down on the sidelines. I guess the ref thought CPJ was purposely getting in his way. No matter, CPJ got up laughing and the players were also laughing.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Another thing I don't think has been mentioned -- the bad blood between PJ and Van Gorder. You may remember that in that short time Van Gorder was the head coach at Ga Southern, he pissed all over the traditions established by Erk Russell and PJ. PJ really didn't like that. I suspect PJ was snickering all game long at the thought of given VG's defense an unrelenting beating.

I think the last question to PJ was something along the lines of beating BVG and taking any satisfaction out of it, and PJ said "I don't know about that."
That's his way of saying ... "Damn right."